Swiftcurrent Creek once, there was a way to get back home
446 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
His stunned silence came as no surprise to her, nor did the sorrow and anger that simmered underneath. 

No, it was his steadfast defiance in the face of death that brought the tears—an inexorable wave of grief that soon wracked her body with sobs.

She had failed him so many times. . .and now she would again, against her own volition.

I don't t-think it's possible, P-Papa! Lilitu gasped out in the scant breath she had left, with the crying and all. I'm so s-s-sorry; I didn't mean for this to- t-to happen, and I didn't wanna upset you b-but I didn't just wanna n-never see you again and. . .

She took a deep inhale, then another, trying desperately to steady herself. The sobs were easing, but the waterfall still poured from that one good eye. 

I just wanted t-to help those kids, she whispered. I d-don't think I can have k-kids of my own. Tried but never worked, she added in a sullen mumble. So if I could just s-save them. . .

Lilitu sat back hard on her ass, feeling nothing but the shame and fear that gripped her heart in a vise.
Messages In This Thread
once, there was a way to get back home - by Lilitu - June 27, 2024, 02:49 PM
RE: once, there was a way to get back home - by Akavir - July 04, 2024, 09:06 AM
RE: once, there was a way to get back home - by Lilitu - July 05, 2024, 12:47 PM
RE: once, there was a way to get back home - by Akavir - July 09, 2024, 03:10 PM
RE: once, there was a way to get back home - by Lilitu - July 10, 2024, 10:48 PM
RE: once, there was a way to get back home - by Akavir - August 05, 2024, 02:43 PM
RE: once, there was a way to get back home - by Lilitu - August 06, 2024, 09:13 PM