Two Eyes Cenote Dear Arkansas Daughter
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
241 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Yes, I understand. The dog's expression softened as he listened to her reservation. I believe we all do, but you must know—diplomacy is a skill you’ll need to hone. Akashingo will no doubt provide plenty of opportunities for it.

A low hum escaped him, rumbling deep in his throat as his gaze drifted to a distant point as he considered the child's words. I suppose that would make you quite different from other children, yes. Courage is vital for a Mazoi—but, Machi's eyes sharpened slightly, fixing Safiya with a pointed look, fear is what keeps us alive.

He straightened slightly, his tone growing more serious. You will need to be mindful of that. When you are promoted, Safiya, there will be moments where the courage you possess could easily turn into recklessness. It’s a delicate balance.

It would make me feel much better if you spoke to him, he admitted, brushing a fallen leaf off the edge of one of the planters. But if he says no, I will speak to him myself. Although... Machi’s gaze flickered briefly with something like regret before settling again, he has only ever seen a rather... unfortunate side of me. His gaze dropped momentarily to his paws, the faintest crease of worry marring his otherwise smooth features.

He exhaled slowly, shaking his head. If he refuses, I have no doubt it is because he truly believes it to be in your best interest. Your safety is, and should always be, his priority. He straightened, offering Safiya a reassuring nod. But we shall see, won’t we? One step at a time, my dear.

A faint smile tugged at his lips as she laughed. It would be most unfortunate if he were to get stuck.

The dog settled onto his stomach then, and gestured for her to make herself comfortable as well. Tell me then, what have you been getting up to while I have been away? He asked, wishing he had some sort of refreshment to offer.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 28, 2024, 07:48 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - August 29, 2024, 11:36 AM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 29, 2024, 01:44 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - August 29, 2024, 01:51 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 29, 2024, 02:55 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - August 29, 2024, 03:08 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 29, 2024, 04:13 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - August 31, 2024, 08:19 AM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Machiavelli - August 31, 2024, 10:40 PM
RE: Dear Arkansas Daughter - by Safiya - September 02, 2024, 04:36 PM