Two Eyes Cenote Dinner & Diatribes
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
275 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
I find that being underestimated can be an exceptionally valuable asset, the man crooned slyly. Though I must admit, I imagine it proves considerably more challenging for someone as formidable as yourself than it is for someone like me.

He paused, a thoughtful expression softening his features as his digits traced an idle pattern against his own wrist. Still, I must give credit where it is due. I confess, I underestimated your grace, and for that, I am genuinely appreciative. A soft chuckle escaped his lips, carrying with it a hint of relieved amusement. In truth, I had envisioned this entire encounter unfolding with far more awkwardness. So I suppose I must thank you for sparing me of that particular humiliation.

You have earned your trust. For the first time, the tension in Machiavelli’s slender frame began to melt away, more noticeable now in its absence. His shoulders relaxed as Khusobek’s words settled over him, stirring a warmth he had not anticipated. Machi regarded the captain now with a softer expression, the usual guardedness fading as a gentle, almost disbelieving smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. I am truly glad to hear it, he murmured sincerely, gaze traveling over Khusobek as if seeing him anew.

A school you say? Machi echoed, tilting his head slightly as he pondered the notion. I am surprised that such an organization does not already exist, if I am to be completely honest. I have always held a deep appreciation for the pursuit of knowledge, especially when it pertains to subjects that ignite my curiosity, and I could see many others here feeling the same, he stated, his tone encouraging. Perhaps it might open to all those interested in learning, noble and fellahin alike.

He let out a soft, self-deprecating laugh, his expression shifting into something almost playful. I would offer my knowledge, however, I’m not sure I’d make much of a teacher, unfortunately. I lack the patience, I fear. He shook his head, the briefest hint of distaste crossing his features before a new thought seemed to strike him, brightening his eyes.

Speaking of, Machi continued, his tone shifting once again, this time more focused. There is something I would like to ask you about, if you’d indulge me for a moment.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 09, 2024, 08:13 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - September 10, 2024, 11:00 AM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 10, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - September 11, 2024, 10:38 AM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 12, 2024, 04:55 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - September 24, 2024, 10:37 AM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 24, 2024, 10:44 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - October 11, 2024, 05:01 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - October 11, 2024, 05:59 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - October 18, 2024, 05:02 PM