Ravensblood Forest Keep me caged, My downside locked away
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
As Dakarai join her in her sorrows, Olive found it hard to overcome her emotions. The lamb felt him attempt to kiss away her pains, but Dakarai ultimately joined her, pressed up against the mossy forest floor and gasping as deep sobs rock through their tangle of limbs. Olive’s heart was crushed in the tightening grasp of her ribcage and she hated that Dakarai was crying. Wasn’t she the one that promised him, amongst the blanket stars, that they would never know sadness? Life would be good now, Olive had sworn to him, trusting in that fact as she much as she trusted her moon mother.  But Olive knew the truth — had seen their fate in her dreams. The two fated lovers, decoupaged against an alabaster milieu, bright crimson tracks signaling from whenst they came from. Carnage, the druid thought. Her prophecies made their sorrows as they were, had brought them to life, had tinted her choices. She was guilty. she was the guilty one for bringing him sadness. Olive wished she could take the hurt she gave him upon herself, for Dakarai was good and Olive was wretched and deserved a fate such as this.

But her dark loved soothed her with his loving foreign tongue, cooing at her in his steady voice [despite his emotions], and she felt her heaving sobs subside. Hateful thoughts subsided. Tears subsided. It was then that Olive wriggled her petite frame closer to him and shimmied onto her back, her supine little body curling into him and pulling him ever closer with her willowy, pale forearms. Olive’s visage sought her favorite spot upon his body [the crook of his neck where it met his collarbone] and tucked her head amongst his pelt. Her breathing slowed in this vulnerable position and when her crying faded away and left nothing but a throbbing headache in its wake, she laid the back of her crown against the soil and looked up at him. 

Her tongue flicked out to trace her lips, tasting the salt of their intermingling tears. Olive looked at Dakarai [her strong, wonderful, eternal husband] and thought: This. This is what she had wanted to so badly the past few weeks. This was him. Olive craved Dakarai's very being and that’s what he offered to her so readily, so wholly, so entirely. There was not another soul in all the lands of the world quite like this man who laid above her. When he was gone, a part of her soul had died. Even though their lives had been nothing but strife since their espousal, but she experienced it all with him and that’s what made this earthly existance worth living. Olive thought she had known the deepest extent of love when she met Dakarai upon the sunspire; but that depth of love had been easily bested by the experience of losing all of it. You don’t realize how much you truly love something until it’s gone, that how the saying goes? Olive had gotten a second change at love. Had gotten another chance with Dakarai and the little babies that swelled in her belly and being part of the dearest family she had ever know. Had gotten a second chance at this

“Hold me,” the sylph beseeched him, never wishing to be parted or leave her place right there, cradled in his strong arms.  “W-We must have faith. We must be strong — I know we can, because you are so, so strong.” Olive leaned up to push her muzzle against his, winced at the puncture wounds in her shoulder, but quickly forgot her corporeal pain. The woman murmured hot whispers into his ears “You are my warrior. My fighter.” Normally, that wasn’t a compliment — but Dakarai had fought for her, and that felt good.  “My sun and my moon.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 20, 2017, 03:58 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 21, 2017, 11:28 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 22, 2017, 04:36 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 23, 2017, 06:40 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 23, 2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 24, 2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 24, 2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 24, 2017, 10:36 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 24, 2017, 11:02 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - February 26, 2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - February 27, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - March 01, 2017, 12:58 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - March 01, 2017, 04:10 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Olive - March 02, 2017, 01:32 PM
RE: Keep me caged, My downside locked away - by Dakarai - March 02, 2017, 08:18 PM