Moonspear but i know that i love you so
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Private 
birth. hi babies! @Vela @Galaxy @Ran @Jarilo
Fatigued from the last long week, her energy dropped off significantly with each new day. She spent the afternoons stretched out, keeping relatively quiet as she thrummed anxiously from within to wait. Already, as of a few days ago, the dark alpha was not accepting company short of @Charon, and this seemed a natural, inevitable step forward. With it went everything else she had come to recognize, from finally having no appetite to the very distinct brand of ache this made and of course, to never feeling a satisfied bladder—not for days. It seemed to drag on and on, while true, she was impatient about this, it felt excessive to her, despite knowing to expect it now. Nevertheless, eventually (but not before he could get tired of her constant up and down), she up and decided she'd had enough of him and in probably the fastest thing she had done all week, she lunged to chase Charon off, out of her sights.

Newly satisfied by her solitude and tucking into the den with an ugly growl, she went back to grooming and pacing and scraping at the earthy floor by herself. She sought the ideal mindset, the one she would need to see this through, and never was it an easy, perfect find. This carried on, and she still ducked out from the den several more times to pace there too, but always returned promptly. She was feeling pulled in and twisted apart at once, with nothing to show for her efforts as finally dusk slid a comforting dark over the Spear. And finally, when night settled in full, she made progress and understood far better now. Birth of a lightly-colored daughter followed soon afterward. Despite the discomfort, the mother was very pleased to see this moving on.

Quick, precise in her motions to free her, Amekaze cleaned the little female's face first and shoved her beside a swollen teat or two to feed. She eased back next, growling and shifting herself around again as she stayed just as uncomfortable as she had been. Rather abruptly, another daughter followed hardly moments after. Even before she could get the first dried off and placenta dealt with, she came, light too, and similar to the first in size. Instinctively anxious about babes so fresh and ailing in her own way, she hurried along to get them both up to speed—breathing, nursing, clean, and living through these first painfully delicate moments.

When she had worked them past that, she was able to settle down for some time and didn't keep track of how long it was. The night was quiet, the whelps suckled, and she tried desperately to rest a spell—exhausted from a day (and week) of strung up nerves and toiling along. Wondering what else awaited and when this would be over, she eyed them both through a tired squint until her body reminded her to focus again: a realization she made along a weary groan. Pain sharpened her up once more, and she peeled away from the two small girls to stretch and pace anew. Their complaints, if any, would go ignored for now while she intently labored through this—while hoping it would be the backend of this whole event. She was more than ready to put an end to this.

With time and plenty of frustration from her, two more arrived: a little female, and then almost as an afterthought, a male much like her. She was a touch smaller than he was, and both were dark. Ame cleaned them off, arranged them into her small bundle of newborns, and pressed them all against her underside to keep them warm and fed. Too tired to fuss with them more than that right now or gleam with the appropriate pride of a litter safely ushered to life, she simply set her head on her paws with a great heave of a sigh; the exhaustion weighed her down considerably. Still, with the last threads of energy afforded to her, she kept an eye on the den's entrance and an ear tilted towards the new puppies.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
but i know that i love you so - by Amekaze - May 10, 2017, 03:07 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Charon - May 10, 2017, 05:33 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Galaxy - May 10, 2017, 08:21 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Vela - May 10, 2017, 09:11 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Amekaze - May 10, 2017, 11:52 PM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Charon - May 11, 2017, 07:11 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Hydra - May 11, 2017, 07:18 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Alya - May 11, 2017, 09:13 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Amekaze - May 14, 2017, 04:05 AM