Stone Circle your children need leashes
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
@Valette (though pups are welcome as well!)

For just a few seconds of her life, it seemed like life had finally turned... peaceful. She had found her sister, a home. She had found forgiveness and love, and the kick to wake her up to all that she'd been missing, and to everything she wouldn't run from again. And she had found her father. Her heart still throbbed at the memory of him, of sinking against him, and knowing the love she still had for him - and he had for her.

Yeah, for a few minutes, life had been good.

And then
BABIES.

Babies. Everywhere. They'd been easy enough to control when they'd been little more than lumps of fur and flesh, who didn't understand the four wiggly tubes beneath them could be used to crawl and walk and run. And good thing she spent the first year of her life running because that felt like the only thing she did these days.

Nanook returned to the densite with Clary dangling from her mouth, no less tired, it seemed, than when she'd decided to tear off from the lesson Nanook had been trying to give her about the Standing Stones. Apparently, she wanted to find a pretty rock to give her mother. Nanook managed to find her pesky little trail just in time to haul her back from the riverbank and deliver her someplace far away from water where she couldn't drown herself. Namely, the densite, where she'd requested the girl from her mother's watch probably only minutes earlier.

Nanook chuffed around the girl's furry body to announce her return to Desna, who she hoped still rested at the site with the other two pups. Next time she'd take one of the others out - and pray they weren't all filled with such reckless abandon, though hearing of what Steph had managed to get herself into with that wolverine didn't give her much hope at all.

So maybe today she and Desna could just watch the pups together. She much preferred that.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
your children need leashes - by Nanook - November 15, 2017, 01:02 AM
RE: your children need leashes - by RIP Valette - November 15, 2017, 07:22 AM
RE: your children need leashes - by Nanook - November 17, 2017, 11:36 PM
RE: your children need leashes - by RIP Valette - November 18, 2017, 09:03 AM
RE: your children need leashes - by Nanook - November 18, 2017, 12:13 PM
RE: your children need leashes - by RIP Valette - November 18, 2017, 01:07 PM