Greatwater Lake I spend my night dancing with my own shadow
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

When she mentioned Rannoch of all people, Screech immediately thought of his encounter with the man and with Liffey, and through the fluttering sensation in his heart there was a greedy pull; that Cassiopeia knew them was surprising, and the fact she pledged herself to their budding family made another sensation twist the pit of his belly and burn the back of his throat.

It was revulsion.

An unyeilding sense of possessiveness overcame Screech after he realized this. Rannoch was his friend, and Liffey was his family. They had escaped from the horrors of Moonspear and left behind the Cerberus — but in knowing Cassiopeia was among them he did not feel glee, only nausea. Then there was, of course, guilt. He knew he shouldn't compare the trio of bloodthirsty sisters to Cassiopeia. He knew she wasn't here to hurt him, or take anything away from him.

We could go together. they can't kill the both of us -
she seemed to promise, filled with a zealot's belief that dwarfed everything; he would have been impressed by this change in the girl. Once she had been near dead and despondent but not now, not when she had some hope. But Screech couldn't let himself fall for something like hope so easily - You're wrong, he cut in blithely, They could have killed me at any point. They still could. I had to make a deal with them to keep my life - and they have no reason to honor it. Cass, there are three of them and -- he didn't know what else to say, but at least his emotion had revived the tone of his voice. We'd only start another war.

Messages In This Thread
I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Cassiopeia - February 26, 2018, 09:45 AM
RE: I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 03, 2018, 09:41 PM