Heron Lake Plateau oh to be alone with you
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Just gonna skip and post because so much is happening & I don't want this thread to get lost in the timeline, lol!

The boy found Redshank first and before he could speak any response — there was Niamh, sharing a similar sentiment. They were both still reeling. Screech could still taste Towhee's blood upon his teeth; he rolled a glob of it around in his mouth and then spat, ridding himself of the taste while carrying the attention of both of his friends. He was agitated, but he had to use his words carefully or else things wouldn't work out — Screech didn't want to lose either of them, but he knew they wouldn't be super keen on what he was about to say.

I found Towhee, kicked her ass a bit. That was couched in truth; they had fought. Whether Towhee was sufficiently curb-stomped was up to interpretation. Even after mentioning this though, Screech didn't look happy. Shit was said. We came to an... agreement. She offered us a chance to join the 'hawks and stay on our land as part of their pack. At any other time Screech might've been thrilled to bring his best buddy home to his family and show him off, and he certainly pined for a moment like this where he could be reunited with them. This was just all... Wrong.

He hastily looked to Niamh, and with a sigh he mentioned, You didn't sign up for any of this. If you want to back out — he spared a small glance to Redshank next, — I won't hold it against you. They're my fucked up family. I... I can't give up this chance to be with them again, or at least to try. I've — we, we have been through too much shit to let this stop us from living our lives. Fuck them — you know? We'd still live on our land. We could make life hell as they adjust, and maybe... Maybe they'll move somewhere better.

On one hand he wanted them to stay, but on the other, maybe it would be safer if they didn't. They could test fate — and the might of Redhawk — by slowly driving them out with cunning and patience (which they had limited reserves of to begin with), or fall in line. Screech waited and watched them both, aware of how confusing the situation was and yet still hoping that they were all on good terms — that they wouldn't abandon him now, even if they'd lost the battle.
Messages In This Thread
oh to be alone with you - by Titmouse (Ghost) - April 20, 2018, 10:05 PM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Redshank - April 20, 2018, 11:24 PM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by RIP Niamh - April 21, 2018, 08:18 PM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Titmouse (Ghost) - April 22, 2018, 11:12 AM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Redshank - April 25, 2018, 12:21 AM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Sorina - April 25, 2018, 02:09 AM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by RIP Niamh - April 25, 2018, 06:24 AM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Titmouse (Ghost) - April 25, 2018, 11:12 AM