Duskfire Glacier in spite of the uneven odds, beauty lifts from the earth
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Private 
@Siarut Forward-dated to around the 26/27th, when they've arrived at the Glacier! (:

Nanook remembered this place, remembered when she had struck the ground the winter before, with the intent to run and never turn back. Following Polaris to escape the guilt, the memories, the ghosts. These lands had been too much for her then, and the North had offered her a new beginning she thought this South could never give: a tablet for her to rewrite her life that ran white as the snow that covered the tundras.

And yet that pursuit had not been straight-forward, and had led her South again, time after time, until she found herself here, at rest in this new yet familiar land as the evening sky gleamed with the wakening stars, and the faintest glow of the Northern Lights.

Her warm breath mingled with the air, and her claws clicked upon the cool stone. The pack roamed about, somewhere in the mountains or forests below, but up here, the glacial plane reflected the dim hues of twilight and offered the refreshing rest of solitude she had gone too long without. There was still much work to be done, and she would soon set to the task of ensuring these slopes held no threat of predator - but she could always find time to pause for the night. So Nanook took the moment of respite for what it was and cast her gaze skyward to trace the familiar bodies of constellations and celestial hosts, and simply marvelling in the quiet of her heart.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread