Blacktail Deer Plateau Don't you tell me what you think that I could be
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Liri agreed with her sentiment, but with one small ammendment: she likened the stars to ancestors. This was not quite the belief Rue was raised to hold, but she found that she rather liked Liri's variation. At times a star felt like an excessively cold, distant, foreign body to entrust with a prayer. But an ancestor? An ancestor was actually a person, and more importantly... an ancestor was always on your side.

Instead of commenting, Rue simply nudged Liri reassuringly. Liri hadn't said anything out loud that hinted at her inner doubts, but for some unspoken reason the perceptive beta thought that her comfort would be appreciated in this moment. 

"Certainly," Rue agree to Liri's request for assistance. She was always glad to be of use, and the prospect injected a spring in her step. 

Rue's high spirits were short lived; she seemed to deflate more and more as Liri described Elixir's affliction. It truly sounded like a nasty ailment. "The ancestors still smile then," Rue reassured Liri, referring to Elixir's anticipated recovery. Although Rue was still turning the idea of ancestors over in her mind, she found the words were easy and a comfort to speak-- perhaps for Liri, but also for herself.

Going to let things fade here :)
Messages In This Thread
Don't you tell me what you think that I could be - by Síff - November 12, 2018, 11:50 AM
RE: Don't you tell me what you think that I could be - by Ruenna - December 19, 2018, 09:36 AM