Heron Lake Plateau journey through stellar life
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
It was common for others not to bother understanding the stars. Even Towhee seemed ambivalent about them compared to her brother. Phox, on the other hand, had become borderline obsessed with them while he'd been away from the Redhawks. She asked, and Phox was always up for giving a lesson, especially to a friend.

Some of them, in groups, make up constellations, he began, not sure if she even had that rudimentary knowledge. Each of those has a different legend behind it, and each legend has layers of meaning. Even now, Phox didn't know all the layers of meaning that each had to offer. Sometimes, upon reciting one of the stories in his head, he would realize there was yet another lesson to be learned from the legend. But that was just what the stars were, not what they meant to him, personally.

A long time ago, a wolf once told me my parents were up there. I never got to meet them, so looking up is about as close as I can get to doing that. He would never get to hear his father shit-talk, nor would he ever get to see his mother go on one of her tirades for no apparent reason. Of course, this led him to idolize both of his parents in an unhealthy way, but nobody had ever really tried to stop him from doing so. Perhaps it was a harmless thing.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Messages In This Thread
journey through stellar life - by Phox - January 02, 2019, 11:13 AM
RE: journey through stellar life - by RIP Niamh - January 02, 2019, 05:51 PM
RE: journey through stellar life - by Phox - January 08, 2019, 07:08 PM
RE: journey through stellar life - by RIP Niamh - January 08, 2019, 09:50 PM
RE: journey through stellar life - by Phox - January 16, 2019, 03:43 PM
RE: journey through stellar life - by RIP Niamh - January 21, 2019, 01:20 AM
RE: journey through stellar life - by Phox - January 22, 2019, 04:39 PM
RE: journey through stellar life - by RIP Niamh - January 23, 2019, 06:46 PM
RE: journey through stellar life - by Phox - February 07, 2019, 12:36 PM