Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,110 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
All Welcome 
Eljay had made a habit out of sleeping by @Wildfire's side. He wasn't really sure how she felt towards him at all, and he was too pussy to take much initiative in the ways of telling her how he felt, so for now he just made sure to monitor whether her stomach was getting bigger or if there were any kicks yet (.. obviously, the answer was no to all.. and as midwife he knew this, but still he couldn't help but make sure Wildfire was healthy and good and check, you know, just in case). And of course he made sure that Wiffle herself was healthy, too. Eljay felt anxious and excited at the same time for the possibility of having pups. He was nervous about everything it might change, even if it was basically his dream forever to be a father. But he wanted what his parents had. He didn't want Wiffle to do it for him, he wanted her to do it because she loved him, too, which made him wonder if he'd given in too early and should have told her they could wait. Either way, Eljay slept by Wiffle and brought her food occasionally, but other than that spent most of his waking hours doing other things. Such as hunting, filling caches, looking for herbs or patrolling.

He was over the moon that mommy and daddy had come to join them here at the Firebirds pack, too. It would've been weird living in this pack with Wiffle without them there. Honestly, Eljay felt oddly relieved that everyone wasn't signing rather than speaking here all the time; he was notoriously bad at ptero. This made him feel a little guilty, but he tried to push it aside and not think too much of it. This was, so far, just the pack for him; with the sweet Wildfire at the head, and some really nice wolves like Wraen and mommy and daddy there too. It was going to be a good year, he thought.

There was a hill at the side of the rendezvous site with snow on it where there weren't as many trees leading up to the hill. Eljay wondered idly if he'd be standing here this time next year and would roll or slide down the snow with his pups. If they were born in spring, then they'd be almost adults by this time... Wait, no -- they would be adults, officially. Eljay glanced down the hill and then, figuring he should make sure the hill was baby proof or maybe just in a cheery mood, he decided to give it a whirl and started sliding down the hill face-first through the snow.
Messages In This Thread
my heart is open - by Eljay - January 24, 2019, 06:50 AM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 24, 2019, 11:04 AM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 25, 2019, 02:48 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 26, 2019, 10:50 AM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 27, 2019, 06:29 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 27, 2019, 08:59 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 28, 2019, 12:39 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 28, 2019, 01:32 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 28, 2019, 04:49 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 29, 2019, 10:29 AM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 29, 2019, 03:58 PM