Dragoncrest Cliffs i give myself v good advice but v seldom follow it (sits on a rock & cries)
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Perhaps Aure's speech would have worked better on a less commitment-phobic man, and if he were in a better frame of mind, he'd admire her for trying, at least. But from the first "mate," his ears closed. His heart closed. The walls began to come in on him, shackles 'round his ankles, a crushing roof over his head. His jaw clenched, and he began to tremble imperceptibly with rage. At her. At Heda. Mostly, though, at himself.

As she advanced, he stepped back, back, back, rather than bearing down on her as he would have done, if she wasn't carrying his pups. Instead, his face filled with thunder, and he puffed himself up, a trapped animal, back to the wall.

You've forgotten your place again, Verx snapped, bristling. You're not my mate; I never promised myself to you. I said I'd raise our pups and that's it. How dare you tell me what to do--how to act? I'll do whatever I goddamn please, whenever I fucking want to do it. I'll cry on my own, on my own goddamn time. Don't you fucking dare try to guilt me into shit like this.

Chest heaving, he pushed past her toward the mouth of the cave and exploded out of it like a bullet from a gun, headed into the sequoias. Love, love, love you. Your mate, soldier. Cry to me. Her words echoed mockingly in and out of his ears, picking at his every insecurity, every inadequacy.

He slammed his body, over and over, into the nearest tree, until he bled, and then--and only then--did he let the tears come down to mix, unseen, with the crimson.
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
RE: i give myself v good advice but v seldom follow it (sits on a rock & cries) - by Vercingetorix - March 04, 2019, 10:00 PM