Wapun Meadow when i was a younger man, looking for a pot of gold
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
eventually their paired laughter ceased. indra's sides were sore, her cheeks brimming, but it was in good humor for once. as the argent's light laughter trickled off, indra's giggles subsided until at last all that was between them was the cheery pip of springtime birds.

indra looked expectantly to aurewen as she spoke, announcing her leave. sad as she was to see their meeting come to an end, indra nodded in understanding. once, she had been tied to her baby's side -- it was a tether unbreakable, and she gave the devoted mother a warm smile.

"maybe avoid hare for a while." she teased, rising to her feet with a gentle flourish. "oh -- i'm indra. farewell, aurewen. wind guide you." indra slipped the invocation from earlier into her farewell, giving aurewen an approving dip of her head before she collected her hare and returned to the sunny patch she had been resting upon.

she could not remember the last time she had laughed so freely -- she wished the ghostly silver well as she disappeared around the alpine rise. maybe someday, indra would see her again -- but for now, she was in a rare state of contentment as she settled in the grass to piece (and properly chew) her meal.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when i was a younger man, looking for a pot of gold - by Indra - April 25, 2019, 01:44 PM