Wapun Meadow learning that i’m deserving of love and the peaceful heart
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
upon the realization — the true realization of what her son intended to do — indra felt a feverish fear limber its way across her scarlet features.

merrick unfurled before her in his true form; indra’s eyes widened as she beheld him. a blackened beast blithering and  imprisoned in its own hateful cage.

merrick’s diatribe continued. the bile rising to her throat was somehow more palatable than the immutable venom he aspersed. indra’s mahogany gaze, wide as moonstones and rimmed with a panicked white, could scarce behold the contorted monster her son had become.

you’re evil, she stuttered, her voice rigged by breathless gasps. fear bloomed within her — god, is this what the hunted felt like?

in that moment indra realized her son was no more her flesh than a debased version of her; he had only masqueraded all this time. she could not find her feet, though she tried to will herself against running. somewhere her son, the sunlight to her dreadfully grey world, was lurking there just waiting to be freed — somewhere in that depraved dance of his maddening gaze merrick lurked, and could be saved. t-this isn’t you. she found herself pleading, her lip curling as a sob bubbled from her tightening throat.

somewhere her child, innocent and no more wicked than a lamb, had been lost forever.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: learning that i’m deserving of love and the peaceful heart - by Indra - October 01, 2019, 12:53 PM