Wapun Meadow learning that i’m deserving of love and the peaceful heart
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she ran, hatred for her own lack of courage coursing through her, just as thick as adrenaline.

behind her she heard and knew they followed, her son and his accursed, silent shadow.

so indra dug deep, pulled past the unmistakable despair and fresh, raw gouge of self-hatred -- she sunk deep, past layers of resentment, tall valleys of trauma --

her legs stretched out in a blur before her, snatches of red against pretty white.

her breath came in ragged gasps, echoed in symphony by her dogged pursuers.  fear lit the flame of indra's latent speed, desperation kindled the sleeping prowess that hid in her ranger bones, waiting for that moment of pure speed to dig in deep and hard and survive..

she might have made it too, were it not for the aspen that shuddered and fell alongside her. indra's senses were so heightened in terror that she nearly flew from her skin as it fell, a groaning giant finally laid to eternal rest. the cacophony threw her off her course, a dull racket of spraying snow splattering out before her. curbing her speed.

losing her stride.

indra's eyes flew open as pain sunk into her haunch. "no!" came her ragged cry, tinged with deepening dismay. she felt another sickening collapse of skin, a scarlet bloom of astounding pain that forced her eyes shut and eeked from her jaws the tiniest wail of agony.

even in that moment, that fight-or-die moment where instinct surged around her in a panicked jeer, indra did not wish to hurt her son. she staggered and caught her footing, only to see the mute companion before her. wheeling, gasping, indra's world whirled around her as her vision blurred and fresh tears fled down her countenance.

doggedly, dragging, while tooth sunk deep and cerise droplets dotted the pristine snow -- indra fumbled onward.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: learning that i’m deserving of love and the peaceful heart - by Indra - October 01, 2019, 07:03 PM