Wapun Meadow learning that i’m deserving of love and the peaceful heart
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
on she pressed, bleeding profusely. she was only dimly aware of the lurking presence of astara -- all she could feel in that moment was a swallowing panic that pressed against her throat.

consuming.

odd how suddenly, she thought of that god damn black doe.

in slow time, indra fell to the snow. a score left in her wake, while atop her the body of her son closed in.

funny wasn't it, how something she had so tenderly made could be her un-maker?

pain rose to her consciousness, blotting out part of her vision while shadows whirled, bringing indra far from that cold landscape -- where sun-dapples played in summer shade, and merrick played as a long-gone puppy. where had that life gone?

that apparition faded on the wind as reality raked through her. merrick's jaws closed tight around her throat. indra tried to cry out, yet nothing came -- not even air, that stupid substance she had taken for granted her entire life.. what she would not give for one deep breath, one last inhale.

indra continued her struggle against the charcoal of his fur, red bleeding to black -- all the while the flame within her slowed to a weakened flicker.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: learning that i’m deserving of love and the peaceful heart - by Indra - October 01, 2019, 07:29 PM