Phantom Hollow It's been a little cold and not outside
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It was a club he didn't exactly want to have to welcome people to join, but such was life.  Gallows humor.  I'll top you on that one, by having the people who had a say in some parts of life just not give a damn.  They probably would've preferred I died in my sleep as a whelp so their pretending I didn't exist would be fact.  To say my life has gotten much better would be a lie, it's just been different varieties of bad. Just a little more tolerable.  And yet still everything centered around disrespect.  Why?  What about him screamed that he was a fool and unworthy?  It was incredibly unclear.  But if what Mahler had said (exact wording now hazy) about people deserving respect was true, there were very few in this world that he'd met who actually deserved what they were demanding.  In comparison, Mal asked for little.  He did not ask for wolves to beg, he just wanted to be treated with a tiny bit of decency.

It was probably a good thing her next reply was a bit more drawn out.  He probably would have said something pretty dumb (in several places), but on reflecting decided to leave it out.  Or at least rephrase so he probably wasn't insulting anyone aside from himself by accident. Well, I won't doubt you're probably better prepared than I was when I left.  Still a hell of a lot of stuff I'm still figuring out.  He shrugged.  Mal certainly wasn't gonna claim to be perfect, and there was a lot of education he had to backfill more from trial and error than anything.  I'm Mal.  Uh.  Neverwinter is the name of the forest I'm in.  Do you introduce forests like that?
Messages In This Thread
It's been a little cold and not outside - by Simmik - October 21, 2019, 09:24 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Mal - October 22, 2019, 04:17 AM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Simmik - October 22, 2019, 03:39 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Mal - October 22, 2019, 10:38 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Simmik - October 23, 2019, 12:31 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Mal - October 23, 2019, 10:15 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Simmik - October 24, 2019, 02:45 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Mal - October 25, 2019, 01:23 AM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Simmik - October 25, 2019, 05:32 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Mal - October 25, 2019, 10:42 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Simmik - October 29, 2019, 12:55 AM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Mal - October 29, 2019, 02:48 AM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Simmik - October 30, 2019, 01:08 AM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Mal - October 30, 2019, 11:40 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Simmik - October 31, 2019, 01:49 PM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Mal - November 03, 2019, 02:15 AM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Simmik - November 05, 2019, 12:52 AM
RE: It's been a little cold and not outside - by Mal - November 07, 2019, 10:50 PM