Seaside Moors i want y'all to just get down.
ᴀ ᴠᴀʟʟᴜᴍ ᴏғ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇs
sᴍᴀsʜᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ
248 Posts
Ooc — daphne
Away
her own grip on lucidity became tenuous as his dreamrealm started to cave in like a cardboard alcazar in the rain.

some bodiless voice despaired: i'm sorry! i don't know what to do! though it had not been borne of her tongue, yet somehow she knew it came from inside her.

she felt helpless as smokey kiss-curls wreathed around his legs; she yearned forward but was stopped by some force with a sorrowing cry. her vision etherealized at its peripherals, and she abruptly saw what looked like an inkspill well over over her sights. she felt for the clover underfoot and dug her claws into it, grounding herself when she came to the notion that

i cannot see anymore
( and i cannot help him see either )

"i am still here, you do not needs be afraid. are you still—  ... h e r e  h here?"
the question melted on her tongue like a popsicle on a hot day, and she felt anguish wash over her.

the willowisp flit to her and pressed against phaedra's forehead. like crucibles of auroral pharos against a starless tapestry, she saw: valravn had wrought his dreamland in a morass of shadow and traps and things of nether.

had

she

caused this?

she felt stirrings of wakefulness but fought the feeling.

then all at once, the clover underfoot beneath her turned to shifting sands and phaedra felt her back legs at once sunken by its gulping fauces, slowly consuming her entire, dragging her beneath the earth.

"no, what ... doing ... !" 

through the wisp's vision she saw the silhouette of the entangled boy and how he guttered and dimmed by the conscious breath that eddied around him.

his awakening was causing the dream to disintegrate,  her obviously still in it as well.

no distinct features could be plucked from his countenance; his face shimmered with malice, but it was not him, not much unlike like spectral veils of transparency turning before a mirror

changeling

the alchemist's hands busied themselves with the denaturing of every quality that belonged to valravn, some chthonic entity sowing unrest, interfering with kis— 

"w-water! it's WATER!" she cried out to herself, up to her neck in sand and slipping under ... then with all possible haste the particles began to winnow out and well and burble until in clumps all fell away from the girl and with a splash! up from the ground, a tide of virga.

stumbling backwards she gasped with fright. the child did not know what woud happen if she stayed and perished on this evesdropped dreamscape. could she still wake if her soul was not ensconced in its own mortal form?

yes.

the disembodied answer came before she could think to blink. backing away, dry despite the puddle swashing at her heels, phaedra reflected on what just happened as her peart dreamguide swirled around her with no fear at all, but as if saying time to go, she felt the invisible seam of the window to her own darkness drawing her back in.

but before she passed fully through the shimmery threshold of her own consciousness, phaedra hesitated and turned back to say something to valravn ... and forgot the second she thought it—  oh, what had she meant to say?

alas, she could not see the boy anymore anyway and traveled over without any parting words having left her tongue. 

what did i mean to say? ​

only the question would feast on her mind for days after she awoke.
Messages In This Thread
i want y'all to just get down. - by Val - August 02, 2020, 04:23 PM
RE: i want y'all to just get down. - by Phaedra - August 09, 2020, 07:20 PM
RE: i want y'all to just get down. - by Val - August 11, 2020, 09:37 AM
RE: i want y'all to just get down. - by Phaedra - September 27, 2020, 02:50 PM
RE: i want y'all to just get down. - by Val - October 16, 2020, 10:36 AM
RE: i want y'all to just get down. - by Phaedra - October 18, 2020, 01:50 AM
RE: i want y'all to just get down. - by Val - November 14, 2020, 04:18 PM