Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,111 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Leaving behind Wraen and Maia had proven to be more painful than Eljay liked to admit. Out of all the wolves of the Firebirds pack, they were some of his closest. Wraen had been his first real friend after deciding on a whim to follow Wildfire to the Copse, and she had helped him and made him feel at home. He'd tried to do something back for her when she was a leader, tried to take some weight off her shoulders even though he always felt that he only piled on more.

Now Towhee was in charge, someone with whom Eljay had never seen eye to eye until the day that she gave birth to Meerkat. But Meerkat was no longer here now, and Eljay was afraid that Towhee's liking of him might have formed back to its old ways after the rough patch following Finley and Elwood's deaths. He just didn't know where he had Towhee and he was still very bad at ptero -- it'd never caught on for him -- and all of that left him feeling rather alienated from the pack at times. Weejay was all that was keeping him there.

Niamh was one of the few other wolves that he knew and got along with, that he had a history with, although at the same time Eljay also knew that she was very different from him and that she probably didn't understand him very much.

If they'd stayed in the Copse it might've been fine, but now that the move came up it made him feel even more out of place and unsure. He didn't want to uproot, even if he saw the necessity in it, too.

He just wanted things back to the way they were; with Wraen and Maia still there, in the Copse.

But reality was a bitch and so he moved through the rain with the rest of them until they reached the glade; a place he had never even visited before.
Messages In This Thread
Then I set fire to our bed - by RIP Niamh - August 24, 2020, 07:55 PM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Vasa - August 25, 2020, 08:41 AM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Eljay - August 26, 2020, 11:13 AM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Quetzal - August 26, 2020, 06:55 PM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Phox - August 27, 2020, 11:49 AM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Alyx - August 27, 2020, 09:02 PM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by RIP Niamh - September 30, 2020, 01:55 PM