Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,112 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
He couldn't help but smile a little when Weejay said that she would've come along, too -- of course she would, his sweet child, always there for him and always by his side to help him when he needed her most. But it still wouldn't be the same. He'd feel.. like he was bothering them, and he wasn't sure he could really go with someone if he felt he needed to fight to earn his place. Once, he would've easily followed Wraen. When he was a younger and more optimistic version of Eljay, he might've taken the plunge after carefully checking with his friend if that's what she wanted. But that was back when he was still confident that Wraen liked him; and it felt to him that over time, and over his grief over Wiffle and then Elfie, something had changed that had driven them apart, just the same as it had made him and Maia closer.

Weejay was still being the ever present ray of sunshine even now, and he couldn't help but smile as she commented on Wraen's pacing. Then, as she said that she hoped they'd see them again, he nodded.

Me too, said Eljay with a soft smile, and he nuzzled Weejay's cheek lovingly. Me too...

fade..? :D
Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the records I'm playing, they might keep you waiting - by Eljay - October 08, 2020, 02:40 AM