Neverwinter Forest The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay; continued.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Okay. I just want to make sure that if there's someone out there we should keep an eye out for, we do. He'd just started to say more when Haruki came forward, only to be intercepted by Liliana. 

Liliana, Haruki -- STOP. It wasn't a shout, just loud and firm. Mal's alpha voice or something like that. He'd stiffened, standing taller and tail arcing upwards. His usually upbeat expression turned stern, We've all had a bad time. We've all lost people. This is not how we heal. I cannot in good conscience send you back out to the Wilderness alone, but I also won't take that attitude from you, Haruki. I'm trying to help. Liliana, it's ok, you can stand down. 

For now, I think it's best if one of the wolves in the pack who are not current parents look after you. It'll be quieter, you can rest, eat, and meet the other members of the pack. When everyone's feeling more like themselves, have another more peaceful conversation with each other. Then, we can find out who should be your longer term guardian -- one that won't step on anyone's toes. So he called for @Simmik (and @Vallkyrie, technically) to at least keep an eye on them short term. You know, where they wouldn't be picking any fights with anyone.

But he did have one more thing to say, Miriam, I know you brought them here, thank you. But let the pack take care of them for now, we should be focusing on Liliana. Together, at least. Mal also had Caerus to worry about, but he was not her responsibility. And Mal was all too familiar with how badly things could go if you tried to jam together kids who weren't having any of it, from both sides of the equation.
Messages In This Thread
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay; continued. - by Mal - November 14, 2020, 08:41 PM