Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,198 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
As they grew taller, Sialuk found that she grew apart from her brother. It wasn't anything sudden, and it wasn't done with ill will on either of their parts. It just was. She wasn't entirely sure how to approach it, or even if she should. She had sat with the raven bones for some time that morning, trying to derive meaning from their shapes and positions on the hare skin she used for them, but the messages were confusing. After poring over them for at least an hour, she felt her head strained and her eyes tired. It frustrated her that they would not give her a clear answer, even though she felt that they should.

She had also asked about anaa, but no word had been given back. Wherever her mother had gone, the qanglaagix bones refused to deliver the information. Or she was just inept at reading them. The Ostrega girl refused to believe the latter. The raven would not have brought them to her if it had not believed her capable, would it?

Wrapping the bones carefully in the hareskin, she tucked them into her sacred spot in the ulaq, saying a small word before sighing and leaving them alone for now. It was then that she heard her brother's voice outside and exited to see him. The Omicron blinked, seeing her cousin was present as well.

With her limp nearly vanished, Sialuk smiled and strode toward them, dipping her head and wagging her tail in a silent greeting.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Messages In This Thread
i am a boy from the high country - by Altair - November 05, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: i am a boy from the high country - by Saviguk - November 05, 2020, 07:56 PM
RE: i am a boy from the high country - by Sialuk - November 06, 2020, 12:02 AM
RE: i am a boy from the high country - by Altair - November 11, 2020, 06:56 PM