Redhawk Caldera I'll keep a light on in my soul
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Weejay did indeed offer the perfect segue, and her smile when she talked about her dad's happiness eased most of Maia's fears.  She shouldn't have doubted; she'd always loved the girl and Weejay had always seemed to love her back.  But there were some family dynamics she could never comprehend, and losing a mother and having another attempt to, in any capacity, step in was one of them.

Maia smiled too, this time a lot more genuinely and a lot more relaxed.  She couldn't help the flush that rose when she thought about it.  Eljay was happy because of the move, but he was also happy because of her.  Some days she still couldn't believe it.  He seems like it.  We've been talking a lot lately, and it turns out we like each other.  A lot.  Maia laughed softly.  I mean, I knew I liked him, but I didn't guess...  She realized she was starting to go on and trailed off.

Anyway! I guess what I'm trying to say is, we're kinda seeing how things go.  Together.  She looked at Weejay carefully, wondering what she thought of that.  Would she be happy?  Oh jeeze, Maia really hoped so.

However that went, Maia at least left lighter for the sharing.  I'm assuming Weejay was excited, because she's a flippin sweetheart, but whatever the case; Maia was extremely happy that, by sharing this with Eljay, she'd get to in part share it with her as well.
Messages In This Thread
I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Maia - November 18, 2020, 10:55 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Weejay - November 18, 2020, 11:06 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Maia - November 18, 2020, 11:49 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Weejay - November 23, 2020, 11:32 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Maia - November 24, 2020, 07:09 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Weejay - December 09, 2020, 10:13 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Maia - December 09, 2020, 01:41 PM