Redhawk Caldera run away with me now
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
A glance was all it took to tell that he was still interested, and away she went again.  This part was going to take more thought since she'd never come up with anything like it before, but as she looked out at the beauty of the sun sinking lower, she got an idea.  The north has periods of darkness, but never one this long.  The night seemed to last forever and the cold became unbearable.  Amina knew that she needed to do something because if she did not, the pack would freeze.  So she went to her father and told him that she was going to go find the sun.

At first he wanted to tell her no.  He could tell that she was determined, though, and he couldn't go himself.  Knowing he had to trust that the training she had done so far had prepared her for this, he sent her with his blessing.  It would make sense for him to send someone with her, maybe, but Maia imagined Amina to be the fastest in the pack.  She ran through the long night as fast as her paws would carry her, following the path towards the edge of the western sky.  This was the place where the sun set and where she knew she would find what had happened.  It was a long and dangerous journey, but Amina was quick and smart.  She navigated the winter wastes, past the dangerous ice cliffs and the wild howling storms, until finally she arrived.

The sun was gone, but Huris was still there, warming himself on the stolen light.  Amina lunged for him!  He was not a strong spirit, but he was quick and crafty.  It was lucky that Amina had thought to surprise him, otherwise the spirit would have disappeared with the light and the sun would be gone to this day.  Her teeth caught the spirit's tail and she shook him, waving him to and fro in her jaws until finally he was forced to drop the stolen sun!

The light flew back up into the sky!  But in the process, some of the other things he'd stolen were shaken loose too.  The reds and oranges from the southern flowers, blues from the waters, pinks and yellows from the northern meadows.  All of these scattered across the edge of the sky, painting it with brilliant colors.  Before, the sun would simply disappear.  But now, as it sets, the sun lights up the many colors that Huris scattered when he lost the stolen sun.    Maia grinned as she finished, picturing the image of a wolf catching a spirit by the tail.  It was a pretty funny mental image.

And that is why the sunset is so beautiful, Maia finished, resting her head on Eljay as she did.  The second part wasn't her best work, she didn't think, but it was a cute little tale.  The ones that represented natural events were always harder for her... she enjoyed a story with a lesson to tell or a character who learned.  In this one maybe Huris learned a lesson, but no doubt he'd be back at it again.  Perhaps he'd try to steal something in another story and earn more consequences?  Or work with Amina to steal something from someone even worse.  Now there was an idea!

WC: 554
Messages In This Thread
run away with me now - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 04:05 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 19, 2020, 05:39 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 10:21 AM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 20, 2020, 11:02 AM
RE: run away with me now - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 11:07 AM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 20, 2020, 11:35 AM
RE: run away with me now - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 20, 2020, 12:44 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 06:11 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 21, 2020, 01:53 AM