Bramblepoint Keep a bluebird in my heart
253 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Oh a trade! I love that, said Toad excitedly, quickly racking her brain for the story of the chimera she was thinking of. Her tail flopped on the ground as she shifted to sit with Maia. Of course, she loved hearing about griffons, so it was only natural that she was more than willing to divulge what she knew.

Well, see, there was this chimera my great grandmother knew. She was out walking at night, and came across it in her path, angry. Its lioness head was talking to the snake tail, who was declaring that it was right and the lion was wrong. It was very heated, so much that fire was spilling from its nostrils, Toad explained, making a frowning face as she explained the scenario. My great grandmother was a bold woman, and she went up to the chimera and asked 'what's the problem here?' The chimera's lion head explained.

'The snake says it is the most important because it delivers the venom! But I say, I am the one who delivers the bite!'
This didn't make much sense to Great Grandmother, who couldn't believe a creature that fought with itself.
'WELL,' said the snake head on the tail of the chimera, 'your bite would be nothing without my venom!'
It went on like this for a while, my great grandmother looking between the snake and the lion, wondering who was more correct. But then, she realized that the goat in the middle was silent. So, she asked what it thought of this mess.

Toad paused for effect here.

'What do I think? I don't want to butt in,' said the goat's head. 'I am only here to balance the dizzying,' explained the goat. And it was only this that made the chimera realize its internal battle, and that the goat, indeed, was the most important of all for this function of keeping balance.

Toad nodded to signify the tale was complete. It was not one of her favourites, and she knew she hadn't told it perfectly, forgetting the funny joke that the snake had said to the lion. The gist was there, and she grinned.
Moonspear and Firefly Glen members can powerplay Toad for whatever they'd like barring injury, just tag her!
Messages In This Thread
Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Maia - November 25, 2020, 04:37 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by RIP Toad Amelia - November 25, 2020, 06:21 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Maia - November 27, 2020, 02:44 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by RIP Toad Amelia - November 27, 2020, 06:31 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Maia - November 29, 2020, 01:01 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 04, 2020, 02:17 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Maia - December 06, 2020, 12:49 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 07, 2020, 09:19 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Maia - December 09, 2020, 01:03 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 09, 2020, 03:36 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Maia - December 10, 2020, 09:59 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 12, 2020, 09:34 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Maia - December 16, 2020, 09:18 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by RIP Toad Amelia - January 04, 2021, 01:46 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Maia - January 10, 2021, 11:59 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by RIP Toad Amelia - February 13, 2021, 09:10 PM