Redhawk Caldera If she gives you her heart don't you break it
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,524 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
He didn't let it go, and he apologized, which made it ten times worse.  He had nothing to apologize for, and hearing him do it made her feel awful.  If he was going through something here, she had no right to come and drop all of her problems on him and expect him to fix it.  She'd thought she was doing the right thing, and being honest, but no.  The voice had been right; she was being selfish, and she was an idiot for ignoring it.

No!   Her knee jerk reaction was to lie, enthusiastically and firmly, almost without even realizing it. But she was sad, and she recognized it immediately after when, inexplicably, she felt for some reason like she was going to cry.

I mean...  just, don't apologize.  I should have asked how things were going, and instead I just kind of went for it.  That was stupid.  I'm sorry, I just....  she trailed off and inhaled, still not looking directly at him.  She'd fought for weeks with the idea of it, figured that this was what a "responsible" wolf would do, and of course she'd bungled it.  Just like Maia bungled everything, because she wasn't responsible.  You can't do anything right.

If stuff is bad here, I don't want you worrying about any of that.  Forget I said anything.  She finished finally, and she was glad to hear that at least her voice sounded sure.  She was going to be okay. Her feelings really didn't matter.
Messages In This Thread
If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - February 27, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 04:41 AM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - February 28, 2021, 11:52 AM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 06:03 PM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - March 02, 2021, 09:48 AM