Broken Antler Fen Let your arms be a place she feels safe in
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,537 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She'd hesitated on bringing up Wildfire, knowing it was a painful subject. But she didn't want to avoid it either because she didn't mind if he ever wanted to talk about it. At least, she didn't think she did, every so often. It was weird.

It was hard for her not to compare herself sometimes, and whenever she did, she always fell short. If she was still alive, Eljay and her would be together. Maia wouldn't have this. Did that make her terrible, being happy someone else was gone? Was she? And did that mean she was less important, because she was the backup? They hadn't even known each other then. She hated all of those thoughts and didn't give them a lot of room, but her insecurity couldn't help poking them every so often. She knew Eljay loved her, and she knew she wasn't really a second choice... but she also knew she'd never feel worthy of him. Not like she'd been.

Yeah. Jupiter's gotten so big, and I bet my other sisters and brothers have too. She replied, smiling. They all made it out of the fire fine, and when it happened, I went back to find them. They were so little then. That was why I left the Firebirds, for a bit. She didn't expect him to remember, they'd been passing friends. In retrospect she wasn't happy with the friend she'd been to him, actually. Had she even checked in after Wildfire died? Not really. She'd been so upset about her own stuff she hadn't considered his.

So it isn't all sad. Once we find the perfect place, we are going to name it after them. And if you wanted to name any places, you definitely should! We could look, and make it special, just like Warden's Watch is.
Messages In This Thread
Let your arms be a place she feels safe in - by Maia - March 11, 2021, 02:50 PM
RE: Let your arms be a place she feels safe in - by Maia - March 29, 2021, 12:03 PM