Ouroboros Spine take me back to a happy place
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
He was well aware that he is probably the biggest wreck about this; this last symbolic piece of what he and his brothers had fostered, what their parents had allowed them to branch from. To up and admit that it's over, his fight for its cause is finished because for now, he had nothing left to give.. it only wounded him more, somehow, but they were graceful about handling it still now in the end. Wishing him peace, despite all of his uncertainty. All of which he didn't know what to do with on the spot, besides feel it burn behind his ears.

Surprisingly Melaine took right to the hint he had made too, using his vague avoidance of everything to spearhead her own plan that he didn't exactly expect.. but didn't find it misplaced for her, either. Another weight off his shoulders to have her roll with it so well, too. He gave her a sincere nod, wondering if he'd see her again after all of this. Maybe when he was.. different, too.

And to Keyni, he was silent for a loitering stretch, to bite back the ache. He knew. She spoke sense when he wouldn't verbalize it. Yeah.. I know, he breathed, not doubting the welcome he could have if he wanted. Kukutux affirmed this plenty, to which he dipped his head in a slow, understanding nod. They could use able hunters, and he needed the security of something. But, he wasn't ready to say it too. Not right this instant, though they were the last of everything he had. It made sense, despite his overwhelming desire to not spend a second more right here on the spot. Again, not right now. One thing at a time.

With that, he backed away and quietly receded from the situation entirely. To regroup, perhaps. He would face the rest of it soon but as he said, there were things he wanted to do first.
Messages In This Thread
take me back to a happy place - by Keyni - April 07, 2021, 08:12 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Adrastus - April 07, 2021, 08:25 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Kukutux - April 08, 2021, 12:50 AM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Lane - April 10, 2021, 02:19 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Antares - April 11, 2021, 11:26 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Keyni - April 12, 2021, 10:52 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Vallkyrie - April 16, 2021, 04:01 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Adrastus - April 17, 2021, 07:47 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Kukutux - April 18, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Antares - April 19, 2021, 01:22 AM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Lane - April 20, 2021, 12:58 PM