Duskfire Glacier it's been a long season through
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Curious about these things by way of her profession, Lane opened her mouth to ask more about this physical reminder. However, good sense won out before she could inquire further, and she let the subject drop. The ardent academic was somewhat given to prodding at open wounds--those both physical and mental-- and had found that when knowledge of one is pursued, then the other is often activated as well. Young as she was, she was nonetheless astute enough to understand that this was neither the time nor the place to rehash those events, and subsequently, reopen those wounds which had yet hardly the time to heal. 

"Thank you," Lane returned the offer with an expression of gratitude, which had more or less been given reflexively-- a consequence of her surprise, truth be told. Having been a loner her entire life, she was still learning the mysterious ways of the pack wolf. She hadn't realized that the mere mention of Moonspear's sister pack would win her admittance through this border; it seemed that the bonds of packhood were stronger than she had previously concluded. 

"Though it's not refuge I seek," she added, recovering from her surprise and feeling the desire to offer amelioration. She was--and forever would be-- as proud as she was young, and it pained her to think that either of these wolves might imagine she required charity. "I'd have continued to accept that from Moonglow, if that was all I was after." The mention of Moonglow was calculated, and Lane watched the leader's face for any flicker of recognition or, perhaps, surprise. 

"It's knowledge that I'm seeking." She breathed in, preparing herself to deliver a monologue far longer than her usual concise manner of speaking. "Other trades-- hunting, fighting-- these can be developed in isolation, but medicine requires community. Iana--" Lane glanced to her new acquaintance. "--mentions that you have caregivers here, and it was my hope to commune with them." Recovering herself after only the briefest of pauses, she added, "If you see that as fit, of course." 

Lane swished her tail, watching the Tundrian for a moment before, perhaps somewhat belatedly, averting her gaze in deference.
Messages In This Thread
it's been a long season through - by Iana - April 15, 2021, 11:10 AM
RE: it's been a long season through - by Lane - April 15, 2021, 11:21 AM
RE: it's been a long season through - by Iana - April 16, 2021, 01:54 PM
RE: it's been a long season through - by Lane - April 16, 2021, 07:28 PM
RE: it's been a long season through - by Iana - April 21, 2021, 11:01 AM
RE: it's been a long season through - by Lane - April 21, 2021, 11:50 AM
RE: it's been a long season through - by Iana - May 03, 2021, 11:50 AM
RE: it's been a long season through - by Lane - May 06, 2021, 09:52 AM