Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,117 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
aww, what a lovely surprise in the morning for me, I totally expected this late at night! :D

A few weeks earlier, Eljay had visited @Weejay at the Frosthawks. It was a daunting journey, as he hadn't really left Brecheliant's territory since joining, but he knew he had to make it before the pups were there. He was glad to hear that she was doing well, and that she was excited for him and Maia having children, even though she seemed to be having a great time at the Frosthawks. In the end Eljay didn't even ask her if she wanted to come back with him so that she could be a big sister; it was clear to see that such a question would tear her apart, and he didn't want her to feel guilty for staying where she wanted to be. He'd returned feeling both happy to know that Weejay was doing well, and burdened to know that she wouldn't be coming back any time soon. Would she not see her baby siblings until they were all grown up and ready to travel to Frosthawks, too?

Eljay'd been so glad to be home again, though, and he had been preparing these past weeks to get everything ready. He'd been overbearing, making sure that Maia had everything that she wanted, frequently asked her if there was anything more that she wanted, and in between (probably a mild relief for Maia) he had been bringing @Ibis food, knowing that he would soon be unable to care for their now former Auspex and her children as his full attention would go to Maia and their own children.

When Maia nudged him, Eljay awakened with a start. It was a good thing that they weren't inside the den, or he might've booped his head on the ceiling. His head flew up and he looked around, but soon zoned in on Maia alone. Oh! Uhm! Eljay of course knew what to do, as he had seen it happen plenty of times, but it took him a moment to get from Sleep Mode into Midwife mode. Alright, I'll help you through this, Eljay said and he nosed Maia's cheek lovingly and reassuringly. Let's go into the den first. He nodded in confirmation, though mostly to himself, and he helped Maia up so that they could get to the safety of the den.

i wasn't sure if they were in the den or not so i presumed they were just kinda in front of the den at the napping spot <3 feel free to skip through the birthing with Eljay helping her and saying what she should do, as i don't know all of the details of wolf birth myself ooc :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: So I give you ten thousand reasons to not let me go - by Eljay - June 04, 2021, 02:43 AM