Broken Antler Fen i am a fallen angel
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,524 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia laughed, surprised both by his answer and by her own reaction to it.  It felt really, really good to laugh, and she smiled happily at him.  Right!  Twig couldn't believe it! He'd never met a rabbit with such a huge voice!

'How'd you do that?' Twig asked. The rabbit was confused, because he thought that the wolf would be frightened away. Most wolves will eat a rabbit on sight, after all. But this wolf seemed like he was neither of those, and instead wanted to talk.

'GO AWAY OR I WILL DEVOUR YOU!' Maia tried to make the voice as rabbit like as she could, and nearly broke into giggles as she did. Twig was laughing now, because he knew the rabbit couldn't hurt him. He had no reason to hunt this rabbit right now. So he came closer to the cave and tried again.

'How do you sound like a waterfall guardian? Are you a spirit?' A rabbit who spoke couldn't really be anything else. And this one was so surprised to be recognized that he finally left his cave.

'I am. Who are you, wolf of many questions?' The rabbit asked. He was small even for a rabbit, and all white. 'Usually I do not speak to your kind.'

'I am Twig Silversong. And I am a traveler, looking for stories and songs to share.' Twig could hardly believe his luck. A spirit would have plenty of stories, and all of them had to be interesting! Maia gestures to emphasize, internally noting that this could really be a series. Rabbit spirit stories would be amazing, oh jeeze.

'Alright then, wolf. A trade. You give me a song, and if I like it, I will give you a story.' Twig agreed. And the song he sang, the rabbit liked so much, that they did not stop there. They spent days swapping stories and, by the end, had become good friends.

After the story's close, Maia answered any questions that Roswell had, spending the some time with him exploring and talking about Twig and fantastical creatures and whatever else came to mind. But as the afternoon grew long, they'd return, and she'd treasure the time while he napped next to her. She never felt closer to her own mother than when she shared stories like these with her own children and felt all that love that Osprey must have felt.
Messages In This Thread
i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 09, 2021, 08:32 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 10, 2021, 10:17 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 10, 2021, 02:25 PM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 11, 2021, 09:55 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 11, 2021, 11:14 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 11, 2021, 03:06 PM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 13, 2021, 07:47 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 15, 2021, 11:25 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 17, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 25, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - August 05, 2021, 09:55 AM