Duskfire Glacier I screamed his name till the neighbors called the cops
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Not at all! I prefer for my threads to move at different paces, and I especially like for my one-on-one threads to move a little slower.

Reluctantly, Lane drew her attention away from the flora around the lake. 

"Good," she answered his latter question first, only because she was much more interested in delving into the former. 

"I went down through the mountains, and I found a new pack forming on one of the plateaus. Then I went to Moonglow and talked with Kukutux. She leads there," Lane explained. Heat rose in her cheeks as she recalled the conversation in which she had divulged her crush on Rye to the alphess. Lane supposed that on her next trip to Moonglow, she would have to tell Kukutux that it hadn't worked out with Rye. Fuck, maybe she should have just stayed with Moonglow and never come back home to Duskfire Glacier. Maybe she and Zane could have worked things out. Maybe she even could have convinced Zane that Wayfarer and Veteran were his pups. Kukutux would have covered for her. The Moonglow alpha had said that she wanted Zane to grow up a little, and fatherhood could very well have kick-started that process. 

Lane swallowed her regrets down hard, and she continued. "Then I came back up along the coast. Hunting for seafood was sort of fun. Different, you know. And I caught a pig!" Her eyes lit up for a brief moment, before she quickly amended, "Well, technically Pig-Man caught a pig, but he shared it. Aaand.. oh, I also ran into Mahler. He leads Rivenwood, and he's friends with Iana, but he hasn't seen her. I didn't find any trace of her the whole trip," Lane reported regretfully. As she retold her adventures, she slowly slipped into a more comfortable bearing, distracted by reliving her memories. Perhaps instead of outright avoiding Rye, she should have been trying an incremental exposure approach.. like how you were supposed to train a body to become resistant to an allergen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I screamed his name till the neighbors called the cops - by Lane - September 11, 2021, 12:13 PM