Duskfire Glacier What we aint got
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Hearing the sobs of the already-broken man was gut wrenching. Lane felt like she couldn't breath, as if the iron fist of fate was clenched mercilessly around her chest. 

Little did she know, Rye was asking himself the same questions that played in her mind day in and day out. What could I have done differently? What if I had tried harder? Could I have given more? 

She squeezed him tight. If only she could squeeze the pain away. 

Apologies tumbled from Rye's lips, and Lane shook her head. "You were exactly where you needed to be. There was nothing else that could have been done. ..For either of them." Lane pressed into him once more. 

Wintersbane's care had really just come down to pain management, especially in the last few days. His injuries had just been to devastating. And Tzila... well, from what Ensio reported, it sounded like she had been unstable for a while. Tzila had always had her demons, she had admitted that much to Lane. If she could not find happiness in living for her beautiful, perfect boys, then there was simply none to be had. 

"Come on," Lane ushered him into the territory. "Let's go home." She turned to lead him toward the caves. She would find him something to eat and a place to rest.. a place that wasn't haunted for him, as his family's den would be.
Messages In This Thread
What we aint got - by Rye - December 01, 2021, 05:10 PM
RE: What we aint got - by Asphodel - December 01, 2021, 05:32 PM
RE: What we aint got - by Lane - December 01, 2021, 06:22 PM
RE: What we aint got - by Rye - December 01, 2021, 07:14 PM
RE: What we aint got - by Lane - December 18, 2021, 03:36 PM
RE: What we aint got - by Rye - December 21, 2021, 09:25 AM
RE: What we aint got - by Asphodel - December 22, 2021, 05:03 PM
RE: What we aint got - by Lane - December 27, 2021, 03:05 PM
RE: What we aint got - by Rye - December 31, 2021, 11:40 AM
RE: What we aint got - by Lane - January 13, 2022, 07:36 PM
RE: What we aint got - by Rye - January 15, 2022, 01:51 PM