Duskfire Glacier Keep a bluebird in my heart
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Pack Activity 
It's moving day, fam! Please let @Issorartuyok post first, then feel free to jump in. Our destination is Nimbus Summit in the Tuktu Hinterlands. You are welcome to begin new threads at the Summit with thread dates starting around February 24th-ish. I don't plan on having another whole-pack thread for when they arrive at the Summit, but we will do a group howl when we get our 3 claiming threads completed. @Rye @Imaq @Tuuluuwaq @Heda @Ensio @Calida @Taktuq @Antha @Tessa

Lane had begun her howling early in the day, so that all the Duskfire wolves scattered to all four winds would have time to respond. It probably made her a terrible leader, but she honestly had lost all track of who all were inside the territory, and who was abroad. They were in desperate need of a role call, and this would have to suffice. 

Once the sun had sunk behind the trees, and all of Duskfire had gathered at their rendezvous point outside of Greyfall Caverns, Lane addressed them as a group. She jumped right in, never having been much for fanfare. 

"I think every one is aware by now: as a result of a devastating sickness in our caribou herd, the taiga has been stripped bare of prey. It is time for our pack to move on." Everyone in the pack was likely aware by this point that a move was on the horizon-- they had been borrowing Rivenwood's hunting grounds for weeks now. 

"Issorartuyok's scouting party has identified our destination. It's a tall mountain in the heart of the Hinterlands. The Hinterlands lie far to the southwest, across two mountain chains." 

Lane looked to Issorartuyok. Would he have more to say about their destination? Hadn't he mentioned that he had thought up a new name for their pack? They couldn't very well keep calling themselves "Duskfire Glacier" where there was no glacier in sight.  

Once Issorartuyok had spoken his piece, Lane would conclude, "I expect us all to travel at different paces, but I would like each wolf to travel with at least one other. Please use the this time now to secure your buddy or group. I plan for the majority of our wolves to leave at dawn." Some would have extenuating circumstances, but Lane hoped that most would be prepared to leave immediately. 

The low buzz of quiet chatter began among the wolves, and Lane's gaze drifted to her children. Would they travel with her? She figured Wayfarer would rather eat her own paw than spend time with her mother, and Veteran had become very independent lately. Her eyes then found Tuuluuwaq's. She smiled, knowing that there was at least one wolf she could count on to volunteer to be her buddy.
Messages In This Thread
Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Lane - February 10, 2022, 07:08 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Issorartuyok - February 12, 2022, 08:34 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Tuuluuwaq - February 12, 2022, 08:56 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Calida - February 17, 2022, 12:45 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Ensio - February 19, 2022, 12:13 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Taktuq - February 21, 2022, 01:59 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Antha - February 21, 2022, 02:19 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Heda - February 21, 2022, 04:23 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Veteran - February 22, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Rye - February 23, 2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Wayfarer - February 28, 2022, 01:48 PM