Redhawk Caldera I know the world outside seems different
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Birth 
Maia went into labor in the wee hours of the morning.  She woke @Eljay when the contractions began and set @Sylvie on guard outside of the den.  She'd have loved to have both of her daughters to help but Sylvie was sensitive to things in a way that @Hymnal wasn't.  Maia thought it would do her better to have some space when things progressed.

The birth was difficult, but it was not as bad as she had feared it might be.  The first two pups came fairly easily.  Both were girls and both were a beautiful shade of silver, light like their dad.  She admired them as long as she could, (@Ceridwen, then @Chickadee) but before long, the third was arriving.

He took longer than his sisters had.  By the time she managed to deliver him (@Jay), Maia was completely spent.  She thought for a moment she was done, then knew she was not.  The last pup she ended up needing help with.  When the last round of pains came rippling through, despite groaning with effort, she wasn't making any progress by pushing.  It took some gentle pressure from Eljay, coaxing her muscles to do what they needed to, for her to manage the final pushes.  Another beautiful baby boy - @Aiden.

As she lay there afterward, Maia felt a bit like she'd melted into the den floor.  Everything seemed surreal, filtered by exhaustion, joy, and relief that it was over.  She couldn't wait to meet them as soon as she caught her breath.  She just needed a few moments first.
Messages In This Thread
I know the world outside seems different - by Maia - April 25, 2022, 09:12 AM
RE: I know the world outside seems different - by Eljay - April 25, 2022, 03:24 PM
RE: I know the world outside seems different - by Jay - April 25, 2022, 07:44 PM
RE: I know the world outside seems different - by Aiden - April 26, 2022, 08:27 AM
RE: I know the world outside seems different - by Maia - April 26, 2022, 10:18 AM
RE: I know the world outside seems different - by Eljay - April 28, 2022, 09:10 AM
RE: I know the world outside seems different - by Maia - April 28, 2022, 08:59 PM