Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,112 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay smiled appreciatively as Bronco said that surely, Colt had understood. It was true; if Eljay were to offer advice to anyone undergoing what he did with Wildfire, then he would understand as well if they would not receive it well, especially from a man standing by the side of a loving woman who was there to help him raise his children. It gave him some solace; he had never really thought of it that way. Thanks, he said softly to Bronco, smiling. I'd never thought of it that way. It made perfect sense, though, and put his guilt to ease. Colt had been a good uncle; it was unfortunate that their time together was cut short, just like how he would've been an amazing dad to Bronco had he truly had the opportunity to see his son grow. He'd be proud of Bronco today, surely.

It hadn't occurred to Eljay that Bronco might not know Wildfire. Eljay forgot how old he was getting, sometimes. He nodded. Yes. We'd only just gotten together just before they were born. And then she got ill and passed away quickly and suddenly. It felt like a matter of days to Eljay, even though that was probably because it had taken him so long to realise that something was so terribly wrong with Wildfire. I guess that's why it was a lot worse. Even though we grew up together, it felt like only then I got to see her in a new light, and we never had the time together to get to know each other as these new wolves we suddenly saw each other as. The missed opportunities and missed growth were perhaps worse than the pain of all the good memories.
Messages In This Thread
life - by Eljay - June 29, 2022, 03:26 AM
RE: life - by RIP Bronco - July 01, 2022, 09:34 AM
RE: life - by Eljay - July 07, 2022, 04:35 PM
RE: life - by RIP Bronco - July 07, 2022, 05:14 PM
RE: life - by Eljay - July 11, 2022, 07:16 AM
RE: life - by RIP Bronco - July 12, 2022, 04:06 PM
RE: life - by Eljay - July 16, 2022, 07:59 PM
RE: life - by RIP Bronco - July 18, 2022, 09:42 PM
RE: life - by Eljay - July 26, 2022, 05:39 AM
RE: life - by RIP Bronco - September 01, 2022, 01:22 PM
RE: life - by Eljay - September 12, 2022, 03:14 AM