Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,110 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay nodded as Aditya mentioned that his wife and son were elsewhere and that they were happy. Eljay said softly and kindly, I understand. Though they would be welcome here, Eljay would not leave his home and pack — his family — if one of his children would have undergone the same as Ani had. Hopefully this was not a choice he'd ever have to make, though.

As Aditya said he'd not been the best father and that he should've looked after his children better, Eljay's first thought was to say that it wasn't so, to deny it, to comfort the man. The truth was, though, Eljay knew nothing about the man or the reason that Shenanigans had ended up here. Eljay wondered at Aditya's last admission whether him not knowing his own father was why he thought he had not been so good at it, himself..? It made some of Eljay's old insecurity flare up, because he didn't know how to respond. Eljay focused on his breathing for a moment to stop himself from having a panic attack. It was a long time ago that he had last had one, but the fear of it was suddenly on his mind again.

After a short moment of uncomfortable silence, it was Aditya who spoke again first. I just want her to be happy. That meant a lot to the caretaker. Eljay said, I don't know you well enough to say much about how good of a father you are, but you seem like someone who means well, and I think that counts for a lot. I'm sure that you're doing your best. Eljay smiled, trying to be reassuring, though his uncertainty shone through.
Messages In This Thread
papa knows best - by Eljay - November 17, 2022, 08:01 AM
RE: papa knows best - by Aditya - November 19, 2022, 01:27 AM
RE: papa knows best - by Eljay - December 06, 2022, 06:16 AM
RE: papa knows best - by Aditya - December 20, 2022, 10:02 PM
RE: papa knows best - by Eljay - December 21, 2022, 06:52 AM
RE: papa knows best - by Aditya - December 26, 2022, 03:47 PM
RE: papa knows best - by Eljay - January 04, 2023, 04:30 AM