Lion Head Mesa life doesn't always go my way
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

594 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
He answered her questions with a story, and Nazli was more than happy to listen. His voice soothed her; she had learned to relax to the sound of his hymns, or to his singing, and so this was no different. The story went as far back as his boyhood and then farther, to his parents, to his people.
She was stunned to learn he was once fellahin. That he would be given up was not so shocking, as it only made sense, and to Nazli who thought it a blessing to be anything else, she saw the value of this priesthood. If she had only been so lucky - perhaps Tavina would have given her over to one!
From school to school, learning, sounded like quite the adventure. The girl was envious of his opportunities and failed to see the pain that spread across his face, awed as she was by the retelling. That Senmut had been places, done so much with his life already, and had come here to be with her —!
That last thought shocked her the most, for it came so suddenly and with such a sense of possession, her eyes dropped a moment. —but to reach out and to feel the essence of Amun -- it is the greatest pleasure and deepest peace. Senmut concluded.
It is not what you chose, at first, then. But you are... happy? She spared a look at him, and could not meet his eyes at first. She traced her gaze across his jaw, his shoulder, unable to focus as she thought aloud. If you had not been given away, you would not be here with me. I... I think my life would be very different without you in it.
Oh, she felt stupid! The usual awkward flush overcame her face but it rioted down her throat and Nazli thought, surely, her fur was turning as red as the scarlet sun!
Messages In This Thread
life doesn't always go my way - by Nazli - January 11, 2023, 12:49 AM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Senmut - January 11, 2023, 01:27 PM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Nazli - January 11, 2023, 05:01 PM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Senmut - January 11, 2023, 09:09 PM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Nazli - January 11, 2023, 09:31 PM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Senmut - January 14, 2023, 08:05 AM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Nazli - January 14, 2023, 12:57 PM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Senmut - January 14, 2023, 03:41 PM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Nazli - January 14, 2023, 03:45 PM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Senmut - January 14, 2023, 04:19 PM
RE: life doesn't always go my way - by Nazli - January 16, 2023, 02:28 AM