Lion Head Mesa You want me to leave London and give up magic?
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He was alone for a fraction of time, so quickly did that ebb that Reyes was unaware of how long. He could not take much comfort in it. When a body approached it came directly to him and waited there, but he had his eyes downcast and his head hunched in its new, but common, place; he thought it was Nazli returned, and only when the pharaoh spoke did Reyes realize his mistake.

But it was not a harsh thing the pharaoh said. He was not angry, he did not show in any way that he was dissatisfied with Reyes' presence here or his work. In fact, he gave the man leave to ascend beyond sanpin - or to leave outright. To go home.

Had it been so long? The days had merged together in such a way with his constant work, it had broken down his spirit to be used in this way, but Reyes had no knowledge of the passage of time or any of it. It felt like it had only been weeks ago that he'd arrived and made his pitiful arrangement - but it had been months already? The image of Sorana in his head was out of date; that was a horrible thought, and one which revived some semblance of self in to Reyes again.

I will go, then. He answered. His voice was low and almost timid, rougher than usual. He did not have the same bravado that Ramesses - and many others - expected of him. You kept your promise? My wife and my daughter - they don't know of this? He could not abide the thought of them knowing he was a slave in any way, but especially in such a weak position beneath the pharaoh of all people.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You want me to leave London and give up magic? - by Reyes (Ghost) - January 14, 2023, 02:24 PM