Moonspear mamiji
Moontide
First Warrior
878 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
Private 
i figured this could be a two post thread, for fun, where they're tgt the first half then separate the second <3

for another ten days, chakliux stayed with @Tullik in the lodge where he had taken her to wife.
he hunted for her; he filled the caches and plucked weeds from the clearing. what hides needed yet to be cured he grouped together, otherwise chakliux cleaned all debris and brought sweet-smelling reeds up from the riverside to lay beneath the sleeping-furs. 
he shared with tullik the words of his people; they traded, hers for his and his for her own, for her laughter, for the expression of her eyes. chakliux asked her to speak of other places, other mountains.
their days were their own.
but a seal hunter man was dutiful.
"it is time for me to join nasamik and my son," he said to her on the ninth night, murmuring the words against the curve of her shoulder.
and in the morning, chakliux was true to it. he rose before the sun, kissed tullik, and whispered he would return in a moon's time.
and then, with reluctance, the seal hunter went out from his lodge, and down from the mountain; he sent a cry up for @Sialuk, singing his farewell, and the added sweetness of hope, hope that her choice of him would be fruitful.
in this, chakliux left behind his second wife and descended toward the sea, where the bitter salt which hung in the air tasted sweet upon his tongue, and elated his heart as he moved in long strides toward moontide.
Messages In This Thread
mamiji - by Chakliux - June 16, 2023, 03:08 PM
RE: mamiji - by Tullik - June 16, 2023, 03:40 PM