Northstar Vale I said don't look back, just keep on walking
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
546 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
There was a deep breath in.

There was a deep breath out.

She stared at the intruder with the prickle of discomfort along the back of her nape—the tingle that raced across her chest and threatened to mollify her into numbness, rather than take force and do what must be done in that moment.

A shiver coursed through her—an ear flicking idly at the sound of laughter and play from her young just outside the dark den she now stood—good, she thought… let them stay out there. Don’t let them witness this atrocity. This thing of nightmares…

And she clutched the branch with pine needles all the closer, beginning to inch to the back of the den where it rest.

The ugliest, biggest, hell, the stripiest, spider she had ever seen in her life…

Tentatively, she lifted the branch, ready to smack what was clearly a creature of mythic origin… or maybe a beast from hell (she didn’t know) right off the wall… and hopefully swat it good enough that it just died.

Or ran far, far away from her home, where she slept and nursed her precious children.

Yet as she inched closer, the spider scuttled—the hunch of its legs in response, the lift of the front—sensing an attack and looking fit to pounce.

An anguished squeak escaped her, and she bolted—tail between legs. Nope, no, ith yourth,” she called back, muffled as her teeth clenched the branch to her, deciding then and there the only course of action as she stepped out into the dimming sun was they had to clearly evacuate and never be seen around here again—

—this den now belonged to something else.
Messages In This Thread
I said don't look back, just keep on walking - by Meadow - October 05, 2023, 02:43 PM
RE: I said don't look back, just keep on walking - by Meadow - November 23, 2023, 03:16 PM
RE: I said don't look back, just keep on walking - by Reyson - November 29, 2023, 12:53 PM
RE: I said don't look back, just keep on walking - by Meadow - December 19, 2023, 02:47 PM
RE: I said don't look back, just keep on walking - by Reyson - December 20, 2023, 01:59 PM