Ocean's Breath Plateau presorted first-class
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,599 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
He could have sworn he saw a flash of disapproval on her face, and he wondered if he was supposed to remember her. Or if he had overstepped some cultural boundary he should not have. Her face relaxed, though, and she welcomed his help, so perhaps he had only imagined the less-than-delighted look. Again, he tried not to overthink it.

The Redhawk's ears perked at the mention of "seals," something he really only knew by way of his granddaughter's name. He had heard of them, but he had never seen one up close that he could recall. Herds, on the other hand, were something he was intimately familiar with. I can't guarantee that I'll be of much use during the hunt, but I'm a seasoned tracker, so I'm happy to do that if you and the rest can do the bulk of the physical work. He wasn't incapable of hunting without his leg, but it had certainly slowed him down on occasion.

She introduced herself as Heph, putting off an air of slight... apprehension? At least he hadn't been wrong about the two of them meeting before, but... the next bit of news was decidedly not what he expected. Phox blinked a few times, slowly comprehending what she was saying. Oh... oh!! he said, giving a little nervous chuckle.

Well that's... something, he said, suddenly feeling the urge to dig himself a hole and go lie in it for eternity. What did she say about me, if you don't mind me asking? Had Sialuk told her mother of what had happened—or rather not happened—between them? Had she told them about Lele? The three-legged wolf felt rather self-conscious, wondering what all information had been spread about him and his life. Surely they didn't know about the deaths of his two former wives. And if Heph did know about that, she must know that he was some kind of cursed.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Messages In This Thread
presorted first-class - by Phox - October 06, 2023, 04:35 PM
RE: presorted first-class - by Heph - October 07, 2023, 11:14 AM
RE: presorted first-class - by Phox - October 07, 2023, 12:16 PM
RE: presorted first-class - by Heph - October 08, 2023, 09:04 AM
RE: presorted first-class - by Phox - October 09, 2023, 07:04 PM
RE: presorted first-class - by Heph - October 14, 2023, 11:18 AM
RE: presorted first-class - by Phox - October 17, 2023, 07:37 PM
RE: presorted first-class - by Heph - October 20, 2023, 08:51 PM
RE: presorted first-class - by Phox - October 25, 2023, 09:16 PM