Wapun Meadow broke my own limb and blamed you for the limp
Qeya River
Prima*
always an angel, never a god
399 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Private 
in the days following the rendezvous, the newlyweds made camp at the lakeside. wren, for one, only truly enjoyed it when the men had gone and the fireglow could be shared with one another. it began to dwindle to a slow flicker now, and so wren felt it safe to begin to walk @Silvertongue home.
the consequences of their tryst were also now beginning to sink in. the chance of children taking root in both of their bellies was high, very high; and it frightened the warrior for reasons she had not considered before until now. these children were to grow up in riverclan. a place where one of their parents was revered, and the other was — condemned. she had known that life once before, and as the hours grew shorter and sunlight burned to nothing behind them, wren began to think more and more that she did not want that.
she pulls off toward the northern tip of the meadow, where in the distance one can see the trees of the glade cast in moonglow. can i-- can i be honest with you about something, silv? she began, chestnut gaze gleaming with something vulnerable; something that begged to be listened to and believed. i'm a little worried about going back to riverclan. and of being a ma there.
it's not that i don't like living there or nothin', i just, uh. i feel like no one really likes me. besides you. i mean, ash star-- one day, when you weren't around, she told me i wasn't good enough for you, or riverclan, basically. she, and now the dark eyes trail down toward her limbs, the tiny, faded scars that take up empty space. she thinks i'm crazy. and shadowpaw-- shadowpaw told me i should demote myself to an apprentice, because that's what starclan would want. and i just, i don't, i don't feel like i'm good enough. and i'm scared shitless that our kids are gonna be too much like me.
tears begin to roll down the sharp-edged cheeks. but you've moved around so much, and it's your home, and i want it to be our home. so i-- y'know, i, i don't know why i even brought it up, it's-- i'm sorry.
sorry. it was all she ever knew how to be.
Messages In This Thread
broke my own limb and blamed you for the limp - by Wren - February 13, 2024, 11:37 PM
RE: broke my own limb and blamed you for the limp - by Wren - February 14, 2024, 01:41 PM
RE: broke my own limb and blamed you for the limp - by Wren - February 14, 2024, 06:09 PM
RE: broke my own limb and blamed you for the limp - by Wren - February 15, 2024, 02:48 PM