Larksong Grotto suffering without speech, i knew you would return
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra felt her heart hammer against her chest, and a cold feeling seeped her spine as the first child became visible. a white thing, a pale thing -- pure. not like her.

tapat. the red child lowered her thin frame to the cold ground, nearly level with the gnarled gneiss of the den floor. as the puppy blithely playbowed she cheerlessly mimicked the movement, nudging the stick towards the pup with a feebly fake play growl. as she did so astik appeared, the darker counterpart to the pairing. indra reclined slightly on her long legs, trying to switch targets: if tapat wasn't receptive to playing with a stick, perhaps astik would be: indra gingerly seized the stick between two teeth and swung it towards the pup in a gesture of tug-o-war, sucking her tongue back and breathing raggedly.

she froze as a shadow hit the den: a dark form spilled over from the bright mouth and indra felt chilled to her soul. jhala. instantly blanched by terror, and perhaps horror for what she had just tried to do, indra swung wide and scrambled wildly away from the female with a dull cry of fear. she stumbled from the den with her legs flying every which way and fled into the thicket lest jhala realize her sinister intentions.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
suffering without speech, i knew you would return - by Indra - November 04, 2016, 09:43 PM
RE: suffering without speech, i knew you would return - by Indra - November 16, 2016, 07:33 PM