Hoshor Plains and now, i crave it all
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra screamed as he snapped at her, instinctively covering her muzzle with a small forepaw. she was panicked, terror seizing her heart with a tumultuous and spellbound effect that made her entire body seem foreign and non-compliant. she could not bring herself to answer his terrible question and she averted her gaze, her lips trembling.

and then he lunged at her -- a dervish of wickedly hooked fangs and wispy dark fur -- indra suddenly felt instinct take over and she scrambled wildly to her feet, lunging forward in graceless scrabbling steps. within a second she was standing and galloping -- only to hit the end of the line when his teeth found her tail.

she was midstride when she felt it - teeth piercing flesh - but it was not the puncture that wounded her, but the sudden theft of her freedom - he was tethered to her. "no!" she screamed, feeling helpless as she realized her escape would not come. gritting against the pain of his teeth she flew forward again and again, each time hitting the end of her rope and being reeled back in. she attempted one last outburst -- every muscle in her body coiled as she charged blindly forward -- and then, a sound came; a sickening crack as something gave way. suddenly indra was free, but a weird sensation of violent pain and strange, almost neurologic numbness, overcame her. she stumbled a few steps, her gasps audible as agony overtook her. run. she thought, struggling to breathe between the searing screams of her hindquarters. run!

and she did run -- limping and gasping and sobbing -- with small specks of violent red blood trailing behind her.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
and now, i crave it all - by Indra - January 03, 2018, 07:20 PM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Ithrik - January 03, 2018, 07:49 PM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Indra - January 03, 2018, 08:04 PM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Ithrik - January 03, 2018, 08:32 PM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Indra - January 03, 2018, 08:42 PM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Ithrik - January 03, 2018, 09:32 PM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Indra - January 03, 2018, 09:40 PM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Ithrik - January 03, 2018, 10:15 PM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Indra - January 04, 2018, 12:33 PM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Ithrik - January 08, 2018, 03:02 AM
RE: and now, i crave it all - by Indra - January 09, 2018, 06:22 PM