Sunbeam Lair Huntin' Fer Rabbits
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
Korei sat outside the place that the group had sought out. It was getting larger, and if she were to be honest...she was getting scared. Scared that it would draw attention, plus she barely knew any of them. And her family, she thought she knew well...She sighed, flopping onto her belly to lay down, sighing.

@Alarian
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
It had, truthfully, been too long since Alarian sought Korei's company. He had been so wrapped up in the drama with Lennon, with his family arriving-- the boy had forgotten the simple comfort Korei's presence brought him.
Hey. Ali approached her, tail wagging, and nosed her cheek gently. Want to learn how to hunt?
It wasn't likely she would see the offer for what it was; an excuse to get her alone. He knew the pale girl was shy, nervous around strangers-- and lately there had been a lot of them coming around. No doubt she must have been more overwhelmed than he was, and Ali felt the fierce need to reassure her.
That, and he had some confessing to do.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia lifted her head to receive the gesture, and it got her smiling and tail wagging. "Hey Ali..." He then put her paws back on her forepaws, ear twitching as he spoke. 

"I've learned before....but more experience would be nice." She started to stand up next to him. "What we gonna get, Ali?" she asked, using the nickname she thought up for him. "Is it something small? I hope it is."
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
minor pp w/ permission
The boy enjoyed the nickname Korei had given him, and at her questions he smiled warmly. He gestured for Korei to follow him, then led the two out of the cave.
Small sounds good. Nothing big enough to eat either of us, anyway. Ali grinned somewhat teasingly at her.
Then his mind was wandering to other topics, and without thinking he abruptly changed the subject.
Are you getting along alright with everyone, Korei? The boy wondered aloud, turning to touch his nose to hers and making eye contact. I know the group got really big really fast...
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia followed behind her male companion. She was glad to hear that they would go after something small. Rather than something big, that could result in the both of them being hurt. 

"I, um...I'm going well..." I twas admittedly a bit overwhelming to have so many come into their trio so quickly, but with Alarian and Lennon there she felt safe still. She giggled a little at the contact with her nose, it tickled a little.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The boy's eyes lit up when Korei giggled, and then softened with affection. He smiled and leaned in to lick her cheek.
You're so pretty when you laugh. He murmured-- then he looked away, embarrassed. I mean, ummm...
This was a different feeling than with Lennon, but he was nonetheless tongue-tied. Perhaps more so; Alarian had no idea what to say to cover that up. It had been a little too bold, a little too blatant. He swallowed hard and decided to go with it.
You know you'll always be special to me, right? Ali made eye contact again as he said it, tail waving a little nervously. He wasn't quite sure if he meant special in... the same way he thought Lennon was special. Women weren't, usually, but-- he couldn't deny the heat rising in his cheeks.
After the cougar incident, and her success in finding them help, Alarian had started to see that she wasn't actually a child. When the alabaster stranger had tried to take her... it had made the boy realize a few things. Things he thought he might tell Korei.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was a bit surprised to hear that and turned her face away somewhat shyly, yet could not help giving a small smile. She had been called many things. Korei, love, sweety, even foolish. But never pretty. She giggled again at his reaction to his own words, still looking away.

She turned to meet his eyes again, and she felt that warm feeling she had told Xahi about again. "S-Special?" She wasn't sure what he meant exactly by saying that. "I-I don't know what you mean..."
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian felt his mouth go dry when she said she didn't know what he meant. Oh no, he'd have to explain. What if she thought him creepy? Or-- what if it ruined their friendship?
The boy leaned close again nonetheless, touching his nose to her cheek this time before he spoke. Well... I guess I think of you as more than a friend, Korei. You make me happy, and I-- I always want to keep you happy, too, and safe.
Ali paused-- he was more nervous than he had realized at first. For a moment he regretted bringing this up and taking this chance; the last thing he wanted was to ruin what connection they did have.
It's okay if you just see me as a friend, though! I just want you to be happy. He insisted after the small pause, wagging his tail a little.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She wasn't sure what exactly he meant. More than a friend? What was more than a friend? "More...than a friend? Does that mean we aren't friends?" She paused. "What's more than a friend? Is it better?" She may have learned of attraction, but she didn't know what was more than a friend. To her, a friend was the best sort of attachment to another.

She smiled, and leaned her head against him. "You keep me happy, Ali...and Lennon too. You've saved me countless times...I could not be happier." At least, she didn't think she could.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Ali put his head over hers almost protectively, smiling into the embrace. Well, more than a friend is better-- but only if everyone involved wants it. It's like... how your parents love each other, maybe? It wasn't how my parents loved each other, so I guess it's not everyone, but it's supposed to be. But, um-- it doesn't mean you have to be mates with someone... or have pups. It just means you love each other in a special way.
The boy licked Korei's ear (the one that was there) gently, shifting to lean more into the embrace and hoping this explanation was making sense to her. He was still terribly nervous, but now he was wrapped up in his fondness for her. Korei's innocence was... honestly precious to him.
That was where the difference was, between his love for Lennon and his love for Korei. Alarian didn't think either of them would want the more mature aspects of a relationship right now, but he craved the simple parts. Just being innocently in love. Things were different with Lennon-- but both relationships were amazing.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was slowly understanding, but it still was a bit confusing. "Like my parents love each other? How? How, in a special way?" She wanted to know exactly what he meant. And then as she pieced it together, she slowly came to understand and stopped as he licked her ear. "You...you love me?" She wasn't sure how to respond. Does she say the same?

"Is that...is that when you have a...um..." Korei couldn't quite place how to say it at first. "You know, the funny warm feeling...like the feeling I get when looking at you...or Lennon...Is it that?"
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian felt a little more nervous now, as Korei pieced it together out loud. He nodded in response to her second question, finding himself temporarily mute. After a few seconds of silence, he spoke again:
I do love you, Korei-- and I don't think I can tell you if what you feel for Lennon and I is love too, but... I hope it is. The boy touched his nose to her cheek again, gently. It's up to you to figure out what you feel, even though it's confusing.

He took a deep breath and pulled back to meet her eyes. I don't usually, um, love girls this way... but you're special to me. You're the kindest girl I've ever met-- and the prettiest.
The last part had slipped out unbidden, and his cheeks promptly flushed and he looked down.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei wasn't sure now if it was the same she felt. Was it? "But...but I don't want it to be confusing...I want to know if I do." She paused, and looked at Alarian, now she was getting teary eyed. "Do you...do you both?"

Then she decided that perhaps it was love that she felt. "I...I think I do love you Alarian...I don't know in what way, but I will figure it out. I promise I will." She realized they had gone quite off track as they had meant to be hunting, but she didn't care right now as Ali called her the kindest and prettiest girl he knew. She put her head to go under his chin. She was sure this must have been it.