Emberwood don't you worry, we'll all float on alright
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Lennon surprise! :D
starts in Sunbeam Sanctuary, goal destination is Emberwood!

The nights seemed less cold lately, and the boy found himself less exhausted-- less stressed. It was early when he nudged Lennon softly, tail wagging.
Ali lowered himself to his belly in front of him and covered the other's face with gentle licks to wake him up. The boy had been notably happier since their talk, often found curling himself against his companion or nuzzling him affectionately.
He wanted to take some time alone that wasn't caused by a problem, or hurt feelings. It would be nice for both of them, he thought-- and he couldn't deny his heart sped a little at the opportunity to get his love alone again. The man was simply... addicting.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon grumbled lowly as he was slowly retrieved from his slumber.  Despite being awoken so early, he huffed in amusement and grinned tiredly before even opening his eyes. He outstretched his legs, a satisfied exhale of breath accompanied by the euphoric feeling of waking up his muscles. When his eyes finally fell upon his companion, he returned a kiss on the nose. ”What?” He whispered, excited for whatever Alarian had awoken him before - despite it being so early.  
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
When he saw his companion's eyes open, a lovestruck grin formed on Alarian's face. He wagged his tail excitedly, pushing his nose into the other's neck gently before he hopped to his feet.
Come walk with me. The boy urged, hazel eyes sparkling. He almost wanted to forget the walk and curl up next to Lennon-- but he figured it might be more rewarding to get him away from the others first. Ali didn't mind if they knew, but he had never been very comfortable with an audience.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon did as was told, lifting himself off the ground and shaking his pelt, hoping to shake off his sleepiness with it. ”Alright then,” He decided to refrain from telling Alarian that he was awake in the middle of that night watching the stars with Korei, not wanting to put any guilt on his companions shoulders. He would much rather spend a quality moment with them than rest another hour.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The boy nuzzled into his companion enthusiastically, tail waving, and began to lead the way out of the cave. He stayed close to Lennon, partially for obvious reasons and partially because it was so cold. It seemed Ali rarely got a break from shivering between late night and early morning.
When you sing, Ali began after some moments of silence. it's so pretty-- it reminds me of home.

There was another pause before he explained: My grandparents were traveling bards-- famous, where they came from. Kinda runs in the family now.
But he didn't mention his own singing habits, or his brother's-- it seemed too painful still. Too fresh, though it had been over a year.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon was no foreigner to the cold, nor his recognition in his lyrical voice. A warmth couldn’t help but light at the mention of his voice being pretty. He smiled lovingly down at his companion. It was a talent he could not be without, it was who he is. While also with his lack of bone trembling cold, he walked with his side pushed agaisnt the other - even though it was pretty uneven with the height difference. Similar to the time him and Korei met, walking yards and yards sides in contact for her sake. 

Alarian’s mention of his past sparked Lennon’s interest even more, he was always intrigued to learn about the others. ”Really?” He said, tone revealing fascination. All the focus on singing made his throat tingle to carol some melodies, so he playfully nudged the other. ”Why don’t we try a duet, then?” Amber eyes glimmering bright, holding no thought of the troubling past behind Alarian’s music.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian's heart jumped into his throat at his companion's suggestion. He wanted to say no, make up some excuse or lie that he hadn't inherited it, but then-- then he met Lennon's eyes and thought about how happy it would make him.
Alright. The boy answered shyly after a moment, gaze flitting to the ground. I'm... not sure if we know any of the same songs, though.
That might have been a genuine obstacle; he wasn't sure if he'd be relieved or disappointed if Lennon simply agreed.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
He peeked down at his friend with an almost mischevious expression, a knowing smirk splayed across his maw.  "We could always learn each other's," Lennon suggested, before clearing his throat. "I'll teach you something easy to remember," his amber eyes stared at the slowly waking sun, creating a sea of red in the darkness of night. He was reminded of the sunset when he and Alarian had finally admitted to one another (though at the time was blissfully unaware of anything to admit) their feelings toward each other.

"Here comes the sun - do do do do!
Here comes the sun and I say,
It's alright." 

His head played along with the rhythm, each "do" getting its own tilt. 

"Now you try."
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The boy's eyes flashed with shock and recognition when Lennon began to sing; his brother had taught him that song, passed on to him by their grandparents. He smiled slightly as he listened, hearing in his own mind the words that followed. Ali would not have otherwise been able to recall the song-- now that he did, however, he had an idea.
With something resembling a smirk (a foreign expression on Alarian's face), he followed Lennon's singing with his own.

Little darling-- it's been a long, cold, lonely winter... His voice was soft at first, shy; quickly, though, he gained confidence and steadiness. Like the rest of him, his singing was gentle and feminine. Little darling-- it feels like years since it's been here...

But then he remembered his brother, his dear, beloved Zamael-- it gripped his heart powerfully and drew tears to his eyes. The boy lowered his head, closing his eyes as he felt them run down his face. He had no more words, no more song in him. Only grief.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
A gleam shown in the wolf’s eyes as he basked in the riveting sound of Alarian sing - one of his favorite songs no less. His paws felt light as a feather, and an intangible flame lit across his body. Goosebumps trailed down his skin, in complete bliss. Until, the haven was abruptly ended, and with a glumness coming from his companion. 

He felt a surge of panic and attempting to comfort his friend; what provoked that? ”What’s the matter,  love?” His voice was slow and sweet like honey dripping from his tongue. Lennon then licked at the tears streaming from Alarian’s cheek, a salty tinge with every taste.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The boy squeezed his eyes shut tighter as if trying to block the tears, quiet for a moment save his soft sobs and sniffles. He wanted to stop thinking about it-- to stop remembering what he had lost and how unfair it was, but he couldn't. By now he knew all the tears and grief in the world wouldn't bring Zamael back, and somehow that just made it worse. To know there could very well be no end to this hurt; that the only thing the world could offer him for his grief was cold indifference.

That was when he really began to sob, and the moment Alarian realized he could not control himself, he looked up to answer his love's question. My... my brother taught me that song.
It felt like each word was shoving a thorn into his own heart, and he choked out another sob. The boy lowered his head again in grief. I miss him, Lennon. I miss him so much.

He did-- oh, words couldn't begin to describe how much he did. Ali's heart had been so hollow since that day; even the love of his companions didn't quite mask the emptiness left by his brother. Nothing ever would.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon gently herded Alarian, laying his head overtop his own and guiding him on to the forest floor. Now, the petite figure lay agaisnt Lennon as he continued to lick at his fur, doing all he could to comfort his heart. For a brief second, he was reminded of her - but disregarded his thoughts to focus on Ali’s. The harder he sobbed, sh-sh-sh-shh Lennon calmly whispered, knowing well the pain of heartache. 

”I know,” He admittedly solemnly, gazing down with sorrow because he despised seeing his loved one feel such internal pain. It was worse than any cougar scratch or snow beast’s bite. ”It’s so hard, I’m sorry.” In that moment, Lennon did what he thought was the only way to relieve this pent up despair - and it was his solution to many problems.

”Here comes the sun, do do do do. 
Here comes the sun and I say,
It’s alright.”
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The embrace was instantly comforting, and the feeling of Lennon grooming him brought a warmth to the boy's aching heart. He pressed against his companion more tightly, as if they might become one that way and never have to part again.

Lennon... Lennon, I can't ever lose you. Alarian admitted breathlessly after his companion finished singing. I love you so much-- everything about you, all of it-- I... I can't imagine waking up in a world without you ever again. I've already lost so much...

He paused for a moment, tilting his head slightly to admire Lennon's features, the kindness that was ever-present in his face. I'm sorry. I didn't bring you here to cry at you... I wanted to make you happy, not sad. The boy's tone was a bit mournful.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon was filled with a flood of light as his companion spoke. He, too, couldn’t lose the boy, especially over a mistake or violence like the past. With Alarian settling down, the lyrics were perfectly reflecting the moment. 

”Little Darling, the smiles returning to the faces,”

He gazed down, contently at Al, a almost lethargic grin accompanied his maw. ”I love you too, you’re beyond perfect, Alarian.” Lennon gave him a quick kiss on the nose, before shaking his head in dismissal. In no way was this a bother to him. 

”I’d rather be with you, no matter the circumstances— besides, I want to help anyway I can.”
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Ali swore he felt a little lightheaded when Lennon called him beyond perfect. He was quiet for a time, enjoying their proximity, but he was not entirely without expression. The boy nuzzled into his companion, licked the soft thick fur around his face, anything to show his enjoyment and affection. He never wanted Lennon to doubt that he adored him.
When the silence had stretched just past what could be called a pause in conversation, he spoke again. His thoughts had wandered back to Lennon's words. Who did you lose?
The question was quiet, undemanding, but Alarian hoped he would answer. Even if he could never heal such a grief-- none could, he knew-- the boy wanted to know. He wanted to soothe it, at least.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
His mind played on this inquiry for a minute. In reality, he’d lost a lot. His best friend, his old pals, his ex girlfriend, hell - even his mother. Though, his mother was still alive and he knew well where she was even at that moment, so she wasn’t exactly lost. Really, Lennon’s mind attempted to find any loop hole around the truth. Logically, his mind knew who Alarian questioned even without the petite boy knowing of her at all. It was to himself he didn’t wish to admit he’d lost her, he would only dwell. Dwell on the fact that it was she who lost him. His actions contributed to her death and he wouldn’t pretend to be innocent. She wasn’t lost to him, but she was gone. 

Yet, when answering he was unable to give a stable response. ”I’ve lost many, more than I can count.” But it was one that was truly never to return. Lennon could find the others, if he tried hard enough. He knew their whereabouts, their plans. His gaze avoided the other’s, staring off into the wilderness surrounding them. 

”But it wasn’t me who lost her, she lost me.” In his departure she had no idea the directions to his old home - he had been lost in her mind, something he would always regret.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian pushed his muzzle to Lennon's gently when he finished, overcome at the hurt in his love's voice. For a few beats he said nothing.
I won't lose you. He promised suddenly, seriously, then tacked on to lighten things: Not with my sense of direction.
Then he felt guilty for sidestepping the role he had indirectly volunteered for-- that of comfort. He licked Lennon's cheek gently.
I think the memories we have make it tolerable. The boy murmured thoughtfully. Reminds us we had something to lose in the first place.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon relaxed slightly with the small comic relief, glancing down at Alarian for a moment with the hint of a smile. Deep within his mind, he feared to become lost again, to Alarian or Korei. His optimism covered this fret, but he was blind in the past. Completely handicapped to reality, so intoxicated in love...and other things. His love's second comment forced his jaw to clench, holding back what he could of the pain he felt pondering the past through glasses that weren't rose-tinted. 

It was something he would say - and something he often believed - but occasionally it grew into too much. Memories he yearned to relive, but he had a new life here, new love. Blessed with new opportunity, something he wouldn't take for granted. Still, though, it hurt, and a part of it always would sting where the part of his heart is empty. "I wouldn't trade my present for my past - it just," He stopped. Lennon didn't do this, admit his feeling that arose only time to time that he could easily suppress. "Sometimes you wish you could have both." He was done, there was nothing else he would say on the topic. 

As silence pooled around them, he broke it with song. 

"Here comes the sun, and I say
It's alright." 
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
I understand. He did-- likely better than Lennon could guess.
The boy left the conversation there, resting his head against Lennon's neck as he began to sing. Ali was comfortable here. Happy. He knew by now this was a rare luxury for him.
And though he did not say it, Alarian lived with the certainty that this, too, would end one day. Maybe one day soon.
But the memories he had would make it tolerable.