Cerulean Cape where the moon is made of gold
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

Screech saw the glee work its way through her and it made him feel surprisingly warm inside. Every inch of the girl reacted to his voice and it gave him a sense of power, almost, which was oddly gratifying. They were strangers to one another and yet his opinion seemed to have an affect upon her. When she moved he barely noticed; the sensation of her breath on his toes was so subtle and he heard her thin whine reach out to him in the dark, met her gaze with his and saw the worry there.

Screech didn't know what to say. Suddenly her silence was overbearing. He could bask in it but in the end, her attention was focused on him and he did not want to disappoint her. Maybe disappoint was the wrong thing — he couldn't put much thought behind how he felt right now, mostly because he was a mess of so many things all at once. He took a breath and held it, then slowly exhaled, creating a small cloud.

I have a family too, and almost as soon as he mentioned them, brought them to life by admitting they existed aloud, the fire in his eye was dimmed by a fresh sheen. Maybe she wouldn't notice in the dark - he wasn't thinking now, though, and hoped his voice would calm her; ironically it was Screech who needed to be calmed. I haven't seen them in a long time. I don't know if... They're okay, or... his voice hitched, he cleared it like it was nothing.

I... 'I wish things were different,' he wanted to say, but couldn't. 'I wish they didn't hate me. I wish they would forgive me. I wish --' but no matter what Screech wished to have happen, the dark girl's magic was not strong enough to help him. He took another breath and managed a rumbling, I miss them. Idly he adjusted his forelimbs for better comfort and brushed against her, but didn't notice.
Messages In This Thread
where the moon is made of gold - by Coelacanth - February 20, 2018, 12:08 AM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 20, 2018, 12:22 AM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Coelacanth - February 20, 2018, 01:32 AM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 20, 2018, 01:45 AM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Coelacanth - February 20, 2018, 02:18 AM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 20, 2018, 02:28 AM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Coelacanth - February 20, 2018, 03:10 AM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 20, 2018, 03:26 AM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Coelacanth - February 20, 2018, 02:07 PM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 20, 2018, 03:18 PM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Coelacanth - February 20, 2018, 03:57 PM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 20, 2018, 04:36 PM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Coelacanth - February 22, 2018, 05:11 AM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 22, 2018, 05:51 PM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Coelacanth - February 23, 2018, 02:12 PM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 23, 2018, 02:39 PM
RE: where the moon is made of gold - by Coelacanth - March 01, 2018, 12:37 AM