Heron Lake Plateau plight of the lemon children
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Most of the duck was covered by the time he'd acknowledged what Quixote said, and at that point he just shrugged. It wasn't that he didn't like the idea of Raven being happy, or the thought of her having kids, but there were many other things in play right now and Quixote liking him wasn't a top priority. The fact he was talking to his Alpha was something he sorta missed though out of sheer stupidity; he considered his sister to be the leader and the poor donor she'd befriended to be dead weight, but not out of spite or anything.

The duck was disposed of; he couldn't get the image of the greyscale creature with its orange tint out of his mind at first, but then he turned to regard Quixote with a brief glance, and that was that. Cache filled. Work done. 

I mean, sure, I'm happy for her. Glad to see the Redhawks getting bigger and stronger, maybe one day we'll rival those Blackthorns, there was a little derision in his voice as he brought up the rival family but he stopped before getting too worked up, as he didn't want to sit here talking shit about the ex-leaders and their proclivity to reproduce. Kinda crazy that she's the Alpha now, but I guess Towhee didn't have much choice — I'll take a pregnant Alpha over a deaf one any day. Granted, that made him sound like he disliked Towhee a great deal (or at least, didn't appreciate her disability) which would make him sound more like an ass than intended. But he wasn't about to fix that. Everyone knew he was an ass — best to live up to the expectation at this point.

After a second he added, You better not up and die in the middle of the night, or anything. Those kids will need you. His good eye focused on Quixote then, and his expression was quite serious, almost challenging, as if the older wolf had any say at all in when he'd pass on. I... I heard that our parents died when we were really little, so... Just don't. Okay?
Messages In This Thread
plight of the lemon children - by Titmouse (Ghost) - May 28, 2018, 01:59 AM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Quixote - May 29, 2018, 01:22 AM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 02, 2018, 11:36 AM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Quixote - June 02, 2018, 01:01 PM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 02, 2018, 01:25 PM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Quixote - June 02, 2018, 02:09 PM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 02, 2018, 02:30 PM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Quixote - June 02, 2018, 03:41 PM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 02, 2018, 03:47 PM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Quixote - June 02, 2018, 04:26 PM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 02, 2018, 06:25 PM
RE: plight of the lemon children - by Quixote - June 02, 2018, 06:43 PM